Hate Life Right now- Forced to marry someone i dont want to Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aminallstar)
    cheers for the reply...

yep shes in the uk and she is 19 i think just turning 20
    At least she'll not be fully fresh:P

But seriously. You say you've spoken to them but they keep bringing her up? Would it be okay if you put your foot down a bit, and gave a conclusive no, or have you done that? You could speak to her and tell her that you wont be good for her etc. If neither of you want each other then all the planes are done tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aminallstar)
    i am muslim but still get treated like my other siblings even though there is 6 year gap to the younger one
    Acha.
    You need to sit down with your parents and remind them of Islam's way of finding a partner. Your parents can make suggestions, but you have the ultimate decision. This is a matter of Islam not tradition and culture. Cousins you can marry, but! This is only a desperate, absolutely desperate measure thing. You must kindly decline. The way to find a wife, perhaps go to the Mosque, let your imam know. He'll set you up In'shaa'Allah. I hope you are not trolling TSR, because that would mean a waste of my wisdom on an utter fool. You are in university and 23 was it you said? A grown man that needs to take responsibility and grow up. Let me tell you, if I was looking for a husband, I would not accept a man who can't tell his parents no and be resilient in his answer. Stop whinging and talk to your parents with Islam's teachings.

ReputationRep:
    Better your cousin than any other girl who's a gold digger and might end up betrayin you. But then id never marry my cousin too. Think about it wisely.

I have yet to see an arranged marriage turn out well.
    Your cousin probably doesn't wanna marry her cousin either so when you get married you're gonna be resenting each other, if you have kids (and they don't come out with deformities depending on whether it's your first cousin or not) they're gonna grow up feeling that tension between you guys and it will affect them as well.
    Tell your parents also that you don't like her and if you don't like her you'll be pushed to sin and cheat if it gets bad enough and they'll back off.

Or just move out, marry who you want and never look back, you're 23 and a man mate.

ReputationRep:
    Perfect piece of advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have yet to see an arranged marriage turn out well.
    Your cousin probably doesn't wanna marry her cousin either so when you get married you're gonna be resenting each other, if you have kids (and they don't come out with deformities depending on whether it's your first cousin or not) they're gonna grow up feeling that tension between you guys and it will affect them as well.
    Tell your parents also that you don't like her and if you don't like her you'll be pushed to sin and cheat if it gets bad enough and they'll back off.

Or just move out, marry who you want and never look back, you're 23 and a man mate.
    You shouldn't give up family so easily. They'll definitely back down if he puts his foot down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.