Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ex texted me after 5 months no contact Watch

(Original post by Arvin Bhambra)
    yeah mate ive been through what your going through. She is trying to lure you in slowly by slowly in order to get you to talk to her. Be careful as the next thing you know she may be asking to meet you and feelings will come back.
    Think she's seeing someone else though?

ReputationRep:
    but the thing is since you two broke up so badly there is still feelings there. Therefore she will still possibly want you back even though she is with someone. There may two reasons why she contacted you again. 1. she wants closure on the whole situation and 2. she wants to tell you how she really feels and wants to know how you feel.

Do you think it is possibly anything to do with this?

(Original post by Arvin Bhambra)
    but the thing is since you two broke up so badly there is still feelings there. Therefore she will still possibly want you back even though she is with someone. There may two reasons why she contacted you again. 1. she wants closure on the whole situation and 2. she wants to tell you how she really feels and wants to know how you feel.

Do you think it is possibly anything to do with this?
    You think she'll reply later then?

ReputationRep:
    definitely mate

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't read much into it to be honest. Lingerie and makeup is more of a pain to replace than you may think. And each little thing has its unique function. She probably just remembered some makeup look for which she needs the stuff that you have.

Either that or she misses you - which isn't implausible given that you broke up with her.

(Original post by Maestosa)
    I wouldn't read much into it to be honest. Lingerie and makeup is more of a pain to replace than you may think. And each little thing has its unique function. She probably just remembered some makeup look for which she needs the stuff that you have.

Either that or she misses you - which isn't implausible given that you broke up with her.
    Makes sense, just don't know why she just didn't bother to reply when there's open dialog? Doesn't make sense to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Makes sense, just don't know why she just didn't bother to reply when there's open dialog? Doesn't make sense to me
    Ex-boyfriend answering a simple question isn't exactly open dialog... But anyway, it's worth just asking her what's up. I know it's taboo and all to talk to exes, but you'll have more closure if you clarify what went wrong, with her and with yourself. People in a forum don't hold the secrets to what she feels, much as we might like to think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Long story, but we just argued a fair amount and we were both going through a lot of stress at the time. Me with uni, her with work. One night I was gutted because my grandad had been rushed into hospital, she never asked what was up but instead avoided talking to me about it or whatever, she kicked off and I'd just had enough. She wanted to be friends weeks later, I refused, she kicked off again so I went no contact.
    Continuing to invest emotionally in someone who hasn't learned to cope with life's inevitable curveballs without devolving into a flailing, self-destructive vortex of petty hostility is not the habit of a sane individual. So, barring the almost vanishingly improbable event of her having undergone a complete personality and self-esteem overhaul in the intervening five months, I'd suggest that you're frankly better off single.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Continuing to invest emotionally in someone who hasn't learned to cope with life's inevitable curveballs without devolving into a flailing, self-destructive vortex of petty hostility is not the habit of a sane individual. So, barring the almost vanishingly improbable event of her having undergone a complete personality and self-esteem overhaul in the intervening five months, I'd suggest that you're frankly better off single.
    This basically.

It doesn't matter if she still has feelings for you or if she tries to contact you again, you'd be better off without her. Who's to say she still has feelings anyway? She may not do. The problem with breakups is people deal with them differently and there's no set behavior patterns or ways of dealing with the situation.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.