Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Skinny/Tall Going Gym???? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    You and I both know that unflavoured tastes pretty horrid
    I think it tastes fine, slightly malty but generally okay. I'm not fussy though so probably just me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    Bloating, gas + protein farts.

Overrated, IMO. Can't believe whey is as popular as it is.
    If you get crap stuff then yeah, a lot of stuff is mostly made up of soy protein which most people don't tolerate very well and also possesses low bioavailability. MyProtein Impact is good stuff, doesn't agree with everyone of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    So get unflavoured, cheaper and practically tasteless. Very easy to drink.
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    You and I both know that unflavoured tastes pretty horrid
    Agreed. :yep:

no flavor = £12/1kg pouch
    chocolate mint :sogood: = £15/1kg

That +£3 more is worth the cost of actually tasting something when you drink it whenever you do. :lol:

I hate chugging down no flavor protein shakes.. :puke: afterwards.
    + use them sponsored athlete discounts to cover shipping costs & who knows if there is a sale
    it might cover the cost of the +£3 flavor difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Agreed. :yep:

no flavor = £12/1kg pouch
    chocolate mint :sogood: = £15/1kg

That +£3 more is worth the cost of actually tasting something when you drink it whenever you do. :lol:

I hate chugging down no flavor protein shakes.. :puke: afterwards.
    + use them sponsored athlete discounts to cover shipping costs & who knows if there is a sale
    it might cover the cost of the +£3 flavor difference.
    I prefer the unflavoured ones tbh, with the flavoured ones the taste is nice at first but they quickly become boring and I get sick of the taste of them. With unflavoured they're obviously not strong flavours so I don't get bored of tasting them.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Inb4 the reason Woody is the size he is because he has unknowningly got a few bags of spiked protein powder

ReputationRep:
    40 kg for 6'2 is really, really, underweight. Last year I was classified as seriously underweight and they nearly hospitalised me and I was 5'5 and 40 kg. (anorexia) If you're that skinny, then seriously, that is really not healthy. Perhaps your scales are wrong? If you are genuinely that thin then you really, really need help because you could die at that weight. That would give you a BMI of 11 and that could kill you. Please please get help, I have a friend who had a BMI of 12 and she nearly had a heart attack, I had other complications which I won't discuss here and I was only on a BMI of 15 ish at my lowest. Whatever you tell yourself, you're ill if you're that weight- you may be eating 'enough' but is that a diet of celery and cucumber?

Oh, and just FYI I was banned from exerising at all, hell from even walking to the shops unless I was 85% of ideal body weight, which for me was like 46 kg I think...and that was from a doctor, so yeah, maybe the gym isn't the best place for you right now...

Please talk to someone, PM me if you want . I won't pretend for a minute that I'm recovered, and I don't think that I ever will be, and so if I can stop someone from going down the road that I did and became stuck on then I will.

Good luck, I'm thinking of you

x

PS, if you decide to get help, go private if you can afford it, the NHS CAMHS is a whole new level of ****

ReputationRep:
    40 kg for 6'2 is really, really, underweight. Last year I was classified as seriously underweight and they nearly hospitalised me and I was 5'5 and 40 kg. (anorexia) If you're that skinny, then seriously, that is really not healthy. Perhaps your scales are wrong? If you are genuinely that thin then you really, really need help because you could die at that weight. That would give you a BMI of 11 and that could kill you. Please please get help, I have a friend who had a BMI of 12 and she nearly had a heart attack, I had other complications which I won't discuss here and I was only on a BMI of 15 ish at my lowest. Whatever you tell yourself, you're ill if you're that weight- you may be eating 'enough' but is that a diet of celery and cucumber?

Please talk to someone, PM me if you want . I won't pretend for a minute that I'm recovered, and I don't think that I ever will be, and so if I can stop someone from going down the road that I did and became stuck on then I will.

x

PS, if you decide to get help, go private if you can afford it, the NHS CAMHS is a whole new level of ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazzers123)

Oh, and just FYI I was banned from exerising at all, hell from even walking to the shops unless I was 85% of ideal body weight, which for me was like 46 kg I think...and that was from a doctor, so yeah, maybe the gym isn't the best place for you right now...

x

Okay, thank you for your advice. I do not know how much I weigh, but from when I last checked, I was around 45kg and I do not think I've gained any weight.. I just feel like I've lost more weight.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.