Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what is YOUR process in assignment writing? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Well, having a third I couldn't get IT work, because it basically means I'm an acedemic failure. So, after being unemployed for a couple of years, I wrote a book. It's sold fairly well, and I'm making good progress with a follow-up.
    thats pretty good

ReputationRep:
    Gather up the basic ideas that I want to write about.

Research a hell of a lot on them, selecting the best material as I find it.

Make the structure (that is, I made the thesis if each paragraph before starting the essay).

And then actually write the essay. I usually revise each paragraph at least three times before reaching a personally satisfactory level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Gather up the basic ideas that I want to write about.

Research a hell of a lot on them, selecting the best material as I find it.

Make the structure (that is, I made the thesis if each paragraph before starting the essay).

And then actually write the essay. I usually revise each paragraph at least three times before reaching a personally satisfactory level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that seems easy enough to get my head around

ReputationRep:
    1. Sources - the more the merrier - textbooks, journals, newspapers, reports, cases, legislation, expert commentary. (Go through and look at what is relevant and what you could use)

2. Construction - as the poster above - beginning middle and end (with a conclusion)

3. Draft

4 Go back and correct any errors - check that you have answered the question and not strayed off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathan2k1)
    1. Sources - the more the merrier - textbooks, journals, newspapers, reports, cases, legislation, expert commentary. (Go through and look at what is relevant and what you could use)

2. Construction - as the poster above - beginning middle and end (with a conclusion)

3. Draft

4 Go back and correct any errors - check that you have answered the question and not strayed off.
    nice and simple! thanks!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    hey! i do this too and dont tend to draft neither. i probably should haha
    300 pages is alot!
    that last paragraph is actually quite a good idea!
    what did u get at the end?
    300 pages was too much. I've done it a few times and it pisses teachers off hahaha. Also super expensive for me to print, since I had to pay for all my printing in the A2 courses.

Do you mean what grades did I get? Came out of both with A's. AS Graphics I was a high B, upped my work quality to get an A (since a lot of it is based on the practical content of what you do). Computing was also largely exam based and the 300 page project only accounted for something like half my second year. Not even sure if it was 50%. Might've been a 60:40 split or similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    300 pages was too much. I've done it a few times and it pisses teachers off hahaha. Also super expensive for me to print, since I had to pay for all my printing in the A2 courses.

Do you mean what grades did I get? Came out of both with A's. AS Graphics I was a high B, upped my work quality to get an A (since a lot of it is based on the practical content of what you do). Computing was also largely exam based and the 300 page project only accounted for something like half my second year. Not even sure if it was 50%. Might've been a 60:40 split or similar.
    yh sod 300 pages of printing lmao!
    oh i thought u was in uni lol are u going into uni?

ReputationRep:
    Aww i'm glad it helped!
    I have one year left, i'm not aiming for a specific classification just aiming to do as best as i can xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JS31294)
    Aww i'm glad it helped!
    I have one year left, i'm not aiming for a specific classification just aiming to do as best as i can xx
    good motive!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    yh sod 300 pages of printing lmao!
    oh i thought u was in uni lol are u going into uni?
    Yeah, something like £60 in the end for all the special printing.

I am, I'll be at Portsmouth in September studying Computer Forensics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Yeah, something like £60 in the end for all the special printing.

I am, I'll be at Portsmouth in September studying Computer Forensics.
    thats so much on printing!! :O
    oh coolio!! im at essex
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    thats so much on printing!! :O
    oh coolio!! im at essex
    And that was only one subject assignment. Over the 2 years I must've spent £200 at least in printing and materials and so on.

What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    And that was only one subject assignment. Over the 2 years I must've spent £200 at least in printing and materials and so on.

What are you studying?
    hope u got good grades for all that!
    im doing an assignment now, have 100 word count left and still have more to put in that would exceed that. hope that means im doing well :/
    business management

ReputationRep:
    just go through the procedure like abstract , main content, and so on. then check out the plagiarism`of the content.

ReputationRep:
    Read a lot, sort the ideas out in my head, write it. I'd get it done a week before it was to be submitted so I could casually go over it and edit anything I wasn't happy with.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.