Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Top 5 favourite games on console/PC Watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by KLouSmart)
    What are your top 5 favourite games on console and/or PC?
    I'm looking to expand my game collection, and want to know what games are great and what makes them great for you as the player?
    1: Heroes of Might and Magic III, by a long shot. An ageless, turn-based strategy masterpiece.
    2: Gabriel Knight 2. My favourite of the trilogy, a point and click adventure game with an amazing plot and setting. The last puzzle is horrendously difficult, though.
    3: Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. A newer game (by my standards!), I liked the concept of running an item shop in a fantasy RPG world. Very addictive time sink.
    4: Geneforge 1. An amazingly original RPG, the first of five in the series, and made by a single guy! :zomg: Lacking in background music, but that's my only complaint.
    5: Edna & Harvey: The Breakout. The most recent addition to my favourites list, another point and click adventure with amazing characters and dialogue.

All are for PC, on either GOG and/or Steam. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    Not in any order.

1. Ark Survival Evolved.
    2. Assassins Creed
    3. Fable
    4. GTA
    5. Bully was a lot of fun like the person above said
    Ark looks great, I watched Daz Black play it on YT. He sold it for me tbh!
    I have most of the AC games, and I'm trying to play through them in order, but the first one is so repetative, so I put it down and have to restart because I forget what part of the story I'm at. I will battle through though.
    GTA and Bully. Don't really need to say much more than "Rockstar"! Love them both!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    1. By far, Quake
    2. Sphinx And The Cursed Mummy
    3. Pokemonnnn Yellow
    4. Golden Axe
    5. Doom 1&2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    1: Heroes of Might and Magic III, by a long shot. An ageless, turn-based strategy masterpiece.
    2: Gabriel Knight 2. My favourite of the trilogy, a point and click adventure game with an amazing plot and setting. The last puzzle is horrendously difficult, though.
    3: Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. A newer game (by my standards!), I liked the concept of running an item shop in a fantasy RPG world. Very addictive time sink.
    4: Geneforge 1. An amazingly original RPG, the first of five in the series, and made by a single guy! :zomg: Lacking in background music, but that's my only complaint.
    5: Edna & Harvey: The Breakout. The most recent addition to my favourites list, another point and click adventure with amazing characters and dialogue.

All are for PC, on either GOG and/or Steam. :yes:
    They sound great, definitely adding them to the list! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    1. By far, Quake
    2. Sphinx And The Cursed Mummy
    3. Pokemonnnn Yellow
    4. Golden Axe
    5. Doom 1&2
    I haven't played Quake in years! Such a good game from what I remember.
    I will add the others to my list that is now probably a mile long full of games to play! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Yeah i was lucky enough to be able to play the catalyst closed beta and it's worth the wait haha
    Everytime I see anything about it on social media I'm just like "Nope! Don't want to know until I play it"
    I really hope it's going to live up to my expectations for the gameplay!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't played Quake in years! Such a good game from what I remember.
    I will add the others to my list that is now probably a mile long full of games to play! thanks
    I was pretty into it lol, I spent like an entire year playing it non stop

On of my favourite frag movies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    I was pretty into it lol, I spent like an entire year playing it non stop

On of my favourite frag movies
    My dad used to play it back when it first came out! So many memories!

ReputationRep:
    Used to be a massive gamer, have a bunch of consoles and games, kind of sad i cant remember what my fav games are now. still play a few games on my computer, mainly strategy.
    1) Gears of War 1-3 and onward, great story and multiplayer -played 3 endlessly, and got into the top 1000 .
    2) fallout 3 + N.V. N.V was fun and better than 3 IMO, but 3 had a better story and i spent so much more time on it.
    3) Mass effect, such a great game, the ending of the 3 was crap though. They did update it, but i never bothered to check it out, multiplayer was fun as well.
    4) Fable 1-3, great fun game.
    5) prince of persia, pretty much my childhood game, played every single ones and loved it. The franchise pretty much grew in AC, which was great but nowadays, it's lost its spark.

got a ton more i can mention, i have all the bioshocks but only played 10 hours of 1, couldn't be bothered to invest the time into it, was the last console game i ever played though.

PC wise, Total War is a great game as well as sid meier's civilization+ tropico's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    Used to be a massive gamer, have a bunch of consoles and games, kind of sad i cant remember what my fav games are now. still play a few games on my computer, mainly strategy.
    1) Gears of War 1-3 and onward, great story and multiplayer -played 3 endlessly, and got into the top 1000 .
    2) fallout 3 + N.V. N.V was fun and better than 3 IMO, but 3 had a better story and i spent so much more time on it.
    3) Mass effect, such a great game, the ending of the 3 was crap though. They did update it, but i never bothered to check it out, multiplayer was fun as well.
    4) Fable 1-3, great fun game.
    5) prince of persia, pretty much my childhood game, played every single ones and loved it. The franchise pretty much grew in AC, which was great but nowadays, it's lost its spark.

got a ton more i can mention, i have all the bioshocks but only played 10 hours of 1, couldn't be bothered to invest the time into it, was the last console game i ever played though.

PC wise, Total War is a great game as well as sid meier's civilization+ tropico's
    I have Gears 1, I haven't invested much time in it, and I actually feel bad that I haven't yet.
    Prince of Persia...I remember two things about Sands of Time...Farah...and that stupid door part of the level where you had to go through the doors in a certain order! But that was a helluva game! I still have it for my PS2! So good!
    I downloaded the demo for Tropico 4I think it was, and I got so confused, I was sitting exams at the time, so I'm sure if I sat down again to play it, I'd get it lol
    I've heard good things about Fallout and Fable so will need to add them to my list! Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Ark looks great, I watched Daz Black play it on YT. He sold it for me tbh!
    I have most of the AC games, and I'm trying to play through them in order, but the first one is so repetative, so I put it down and have to restart because I forget what part of the story I'm at. I will battle through though.
    GTA and Bully. Don't really need to say much more than "Rockstar"! Love them both!
    Thanks
    I couldn't even complete the first one. Like you said it was too repetitive and boring. So I just looked up the main plot for the first one and went onto two. (I did get up to roughly a third maybe more of the way through the game) Imo 2 and onward was much better. (My favourite is 3 and rogue.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    I couldn't even complete the first one. Like you said it was too repetitive and boring. So I just looked up the main plot for the first one and went onto two. (I did get up to roughly a third maybe more of the way through the game) Imo 2 and onward was much better. (My favourite is 3 and rogue.)
    I'm pretty sure I know what happens in 1 anyway, so I'll probably skip it and go back to it after. I have so many games that I haven't completed yet. I probably shouldn't be asking people to give me suggestions on more games to get haha

ReputationRep:
    If you want to list more than 5 go ahead, I like seeing what games people play, especially if they talk about a game I wouldn't usually go out of my way to play. Sometimes those are the best games to play.
    If you insist!

Usually I find the best games are of an older generation let's say - nostalgia may have a part to play in this tho

Half Life + HL 2
    Fear (alright considering you can get it for 60p)
    SimCity (4 especially) + Sims
    Doom (originals)
    Wolfenstein 3D + others
    Max Payne
    Left 4 Dead + 2
    Portals
    Wolfenstein the New Order (not old but still really good)

And now I'm running out of ideas from what hasn't been said...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1) cs:go
    2) cs:go
    3) cs:go
    4) cs:go
    5) cs 1.6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torticci)
    If you insist!

Usually I find the best games are of an older generation let's say - nostalgia may have a part to play in this tho

Half Life + HL 2
    Fear (alright considering you can get it for 60p)
    SimCity (4 especially) + Sims
    Doom (originals)
    Wolfenstein 3D + others
    Max Payne
    Left 4 Dead + 2
    Portals
    Wolfenstein the New Order (not old but still really good)

And now I'm running out of ideas from what hasn't been said...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree, nostalgia plays a massive part in the enjoyment of older games! I love the Tomb Raider Classics! So good and they remind me of my childhood!
    Left 4 Dead series is one of my faves, a great game to play online with friends, crap to play with randoms.
    The Sims/Sim City was a big part of my childhood when I started gaming, and to me are timeless!
    Portal I hear great things about, it's popped up a few times, so I'll give that a go. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K2G)
    1) cs:go
    2) cs:go
    3) cs:go
    4) cs:go
    5) cs 1.6
    I am going to take a massive guess and say that you like Counter Strike? Lol I'm pretty sure I've seen gameplay of it, and it looked pretty cool. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klousmart)
    i am going to take a massive guess and say that you like counter strike? Lol i'm pretty sure i've seen gameplay of it, and it looked pretty cool. Thanks
    aaaaabbbbsssoooooluuutteeeelllll yyyyy

ReputationRep:
    LoZ: Majora's Mask
    Pokemon Gold
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Life Is Strange
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    All on PC since I don't own any consoles -

Skyrim
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge
    Worms Armageddon
    Witcher 3

ReputationRep:
    I've heard good things about the Portal games, I think I'll need to get them, and play through them.
    Mirror's Edge for me is such a great game, can't wait for the new one to come out.
    I'll need to check out the others, thanks
    Dont buy portal. Its a weird game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.