Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many of you have actually had 'serious' relationships? Watch

ReputationRep:
    22, never had anything serious :no:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19. I had my first and last, so far, love at 16. Relationship lasted 1.5 year. Nothing else since then. Rip

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    bruv are you good? Go revise or something smh
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    23 and the only relationship I've been in is my current one of 7 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleiya)
    edit: please don't PM me asking to do things, I will not reply unless I've talked to you before on a post.
    Is this common here? Very creepy

ReputationRep:
    I was 18 when I found my first serious relationship, starting September 2011. It lasted until May 2015. We were together almost four years.
    I had another one that started in February this year and lasted until March, so one month.

I'm thankful for my experiences, but it has taken a lot of strength and self-awareness to overcome the pain.

ReputationRep:
    20, only relationship lasted 2 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    I was 18 when I found my first serious relationship, starting September 2011. It lasted until May 2015. We were together almost four years.
    I had another one that started in February this year and lasted until March, so one month.

I'm thankful for my experiences, but it has taken a lot of strength and self-awareness to overcome the pain.
    If you don't mind me asking, what happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    aw don't worry about it - you will get a guy eventually. I find that guys come when it is least expected. the love of my life came into my world when I least expected it. believe me it will happen. just don't he desperate or anything - live life how you normally would

I have literally only gotten as far as snogging - no idea what base that is..
    I have been in 6 serious relationships - counting the 'love of my life' (current boyfriend) , 8 'things'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How old are you and what's stopped you from having sex?

ReputationRep:
    2 yrs and counting, on/off. Pregnancy scares and all. She's nice though.

ReputationRep:

Damn bro...
    :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Damn bro...
    :\
    Yup. In September this year I would have popped the question.
    I dodged a bullet. The benefit of hindsight.
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    If you don't mind me asking, what happened?
    Things had been a bit on-and-off for awhile, though I never suspected we'd break up. Her behavior changed and she started hiding stuff from me; given how quickly she entered a new relationship and the lies she told I suspect she'd emotionally cheated at the very least. Unfortunately I will never have an answer, but it's all in the past now.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. In September this year I would have popped the question.
    I dodged a bullet. The benefit of hindsight.
    Things had been a bit on-and-off for awhile, though I never suspected we'd break up. Her behavior changed and she started hiding stuff from me; given how quickly she entered a new relationship and the lies she told I suspect she'd emotionally cheated at the very least. Unfortunately I will never have an answer, but it's all in the past now.
    So she left you? And asking to marry at your age is a bit...yea I'd say you dodged a massive bullet lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    So she left you? And asking to marry at your age is a bit...yea I'd say you dodged a massive bullet lol
    Yes.
    I had no issue getting engaged at my age.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 and longest relationship was about 5 and a half years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Meh I'm 21 and I'm yet to cross the 6-month mark
    I feel your pain, 21 and haven't gone past 3 months

ReputationRep:
    18 here.

Had one relationship which was toxic. 4 years.

Currently in one which I can see going on for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    You're only 16, there is no rush at all. I wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    I had no issue getting engaged at my age.
    Wow. 4 years is...long but I can't imagine marriage so soon dunno lol

ReputationRep:
    18 years old and I have been with my girl for 2.5 years. Prior to that I was just a typical teenage boy using BBM to flirt and link with girls for non serious hook ups that I never made develop further. Then I caught feelings and found a girl that was worth fully committing to.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.