Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR and threads on craving SEX Watch

(Original post by undercxver)
    And all I'm craving is chocolate.
    Hmmm, yea chocolate is my fav. Gotta love ice cream too

(Original post by Serine Soul)
    You sound sexually frustrated
    lol no, not at all. Just tired of seeing the same threads over and over again. I do get frustrated (not sexually though haha) when others try bashing those waiting, assuming they need help and are somehow in occults/ radical religions.

(Original post by Results)
    I presume you're a girl.

We have to approach this from the perspective of the thread posters.

They are most likely:
    - Teenage
    - Male
    - Naturally testosterone fueled
    - Not "able" to have sex irl

These all lead to the "need" to post online behind a mask to let it out of their system.

You may not see the importance of it, but to them it's their escape.

I may not be correct but hey, I like psychology.
    Yea, I understand. No, you're most likely right. Wait does psychology teach this? Wow, Psychology seems so broad; I wanted to study it at university but wasn't sure on what to expect. Did you study psychology at uni but any chance and if so how did you find it? My friend who just finished his undergrad course said it was great but it was research upon research with theories upon theories which sometimes made it both interesting and boring to study.

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    I've been on a few forums before that cater to a similar audience as TSR...
    Yea, I understand and thanks for explaining.
    Sorry if I came off quite crazy and easily angered in the rant but as a frequent user, yea it actually became so annoyingly repetitive lol then it's just sometimes it makes me wonder about guys as some are my age but this is my opinion. And it's not that I don't think sex isn't essential to a relationship. I do but more so for long term relationships i.e marriage where it's a lifelong commitment so in that situation I couldn't imagine sex not being apart of these couples lives or it not being important as lifelong is a long time so them abstaining would mean them not trying to wait but them not having sex at all meaning lifelong celibacy which is not what I am saying.

But in some of these threads, I just dislike how some make it seem as if those who choose that path to wait are somehow prudes or whatever and depend the sex to determine whether or not a relationship is worth continuing or if it would last.
    An example, a guy dated a girl for 3 months and already was considering the stability of their relationship and whether or not it could last because the girl wasn't sleeping with him as if that's all there is to her and what she can offer. I think the worst one in terms of these kind of threads was when a male user said how his girlfriend is everything he wants and that she has sacrificed so much (think they had dated for two years or maybe more can't remember) how she has been there through thick and thin with him but he wants to dump her because he cannot wait until marriage to sleep with her though everything else is going great.

I just thought to myself, if that's enough for you to leave this exceptional girl that please I'll date her. Because I see that there's more to people than the physical and if it means me waiting for a bit compared to spending a lifetime in joy with an exceptional lady who has brought me so much happiness then so be it. If you love her now (or not) and she's everything you wanted why can't you sacrifice this for a while and not try making her to change her morals or what she's comfortable with. Those who tried saying 'test a car before driving it' in the thread are also a bit delusional. That may sound rude but I think what's extremely rude and offensive is comparing an actual human being with emotions, a mind of its own and body of its own to an metal object specifically made to be driven, used, kept and maintained by the driver...that alone I found super offensive. And it's a skill that takes practice, adjusting and work. I don't mean this at you personally by the way lol sorry if it came across that way with me stating you but I mean this generally. That analogy tries insinuating great sex now equals great sex for life when you put a ring on it but the reality is it doesn't work that way. I feel like just because your sex life is great now with your girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't mean it will be in the next twenty to forty years especially how other factors most certainly later enter the equation i.e kids, new job with contrasting hours, unfortunately for some illnesses then more natural life stages- menopause which can all affect a couple's sex life. Couples with great sex lives often explain how their bodies change and these factors do affect their relationship making things more challenging but they make it work by communicating, being open minded, compromising and proritising. Sadly many think good things follow without work in relationships. Ok, done with my long essays lol but yea...

*prioritising

im here craving for success and bches be like i can't study without thinkin about takin a dck up the ass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    *snip*
    Not at all. You're entitled to your opinion and I can understand the frustration.

The internet grants anonymity so people are bound to be idiots for the sake of being idiots. Sometimes what they post doesn't represent their actual viewpoint, but they post otherwise to instigate a debate and/or cause trouble. That's not say people don't have varying opinions on the subject, as they do, but often on forums those who have the tendency to *always* go against the majority are in it for the sake of being awkward. Personally, if you abstain from sex for whatever reason then that is a perfectly valid choice and one that I respect. As for your examples; people have different expectations for their relationships and we can't really judge them for it; I personally don't agree with men in the examples you gave, but that's just me (and this is coming from someone who was in a relationship for a year before engaging in sex).

The important of sex is different for everyone, and everyone expresses their desires in different ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yea, I understand. No, you're most likely right. Wait does psychology teach this? Wow, Psychology seems so broad; I wanted to study it at university but wasn't sure on what to expect. Did you study psychology at uni but any chance and if so how did you find it? My friend who just finished his undergrad course said it was great but it was research upon research with theories upon theories which sometimes made it both interesting and boring to study.
    I'm actually still at college studying the normal Psychology course but I've been studying it myself for years! :3

Sorry I can't answer your questions though :s
    The theories are interesting imo and so can the studies - it all comes down to whether or not you WANT to enjoy it!

Have an awesome day!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.