ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    What if a well known TSR member died... like a 10 or 11 gemmer

would there be a TSR funeral?

#lateNightThoughts
    Only if they had more than 100 a*s in gcse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    **** I don't want to think about it, it could happen at any moment. And your rep points decrease by 0.98 every 100 days of inactivity.

Wow that is really sad. Damn that's really scared me.
    oh foreal? Rep points go down? That's probably why their rep is lower than I thought it was >.<

sometimes when I get really sad and I miss them (which is most the time), if I'm on TSR I look through all their posts and interactions and they were so nice and caring and helpful to other users. Funny too.
    hm
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I wouldn't know, I've never good a 100 days without TSR
    Has anyone haha? Tried it for a day, it failed and I had to come back lol.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck getting my Asian mother to go on TSR lol, she can barely use an iPad lmao. :laugh: I'm always logged on so someone can write something but that would give me chills. Someone on here can inform those of my death, they have my number.
    Lucky :lol:
    Yeah :afraid:
    Same tho I hope they wouldn't have to :'3

ReputationRep:
    This is me EVERYDAY! :lala:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Milzime)
    oh foreal? Rep points go down? That's probably why their rep is lower than I thought it was >.<

sometimes when I get really sad and I miss them (which is most the time), if I'm on TSR I look through all their posts and interactions and they were so nice and caring and helpful to other users. Funny too.
    hm
    Yeah they do, it's sad how it takes someone's achievement away from them and I'm sorry for your loss, can't imagine what you went through, it's so sad. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EA436)
    Only if they had more than 100 a*s in gcse
    definitely, and 20 A levels as well as 5 years worth of work experience and was a mod

I left for like 3 weeks I think
    wasn't too bad
    withdrawal symptoms fade away by week 2 and then you forget how to even use TSR :lol:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by z33)
    Lucky :lol:
    Yeah :afraid:
    Same tho I hope they wouldn't have to :'3
    Reminds me of the Facebook option to assign someone to control your account once you've kicked the bucket.

This is me EVERYDAY! :lala:
    Can someone get me help? Instead of helping me study, it's made me procrastinate and become lazy. I only came here for A Level help lol. :rofl:
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Not particularly sad, given it's been happening all the time. The regulars two years ago aren't the regulars today, and you just mix with the new ones the same as ever.

I guess it's sad if you lose contact with someone you were close to/liked a fair bit however. But then, I'd imagine if you had such a bond with someone you would at least be in contact with them by other means.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by z33)
    definitely, and 20 A levels as well as 5 years worth of work experience and was a mod

I left for like 3 weeks I think
    wasn't too bad
    withdrawal symptoms fade away by week 2 and then you forget how to even use TSR :lol:
    Only time I've done this was when I wasn't that active on here but slowly I couldn't stay away, I installed the Windows app Cold Turkey that blocked TSR for over an hour lol.

ReputationRep:

Can someone get me help? Instead of helping me study, it's made me procrastinate and become lazy. I only came here for A Level help lol. :rofl:
    That is the irony of TSR. We actually need therapists, I can't believe TSR doesn't provide us with them XD

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of the Facebook option to assign someone to control your account once you've kicked the bucket.

Omg we need that option for TSR *__*
    I don't have facebook but that's really cool!

yeah same - came for unofficial mark schemes, stayed for dank memes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Not particularly sad, given it's been happening all the time. The regulars two years ago aren't the regulars today, and you just mix with the new ones the same as ever.

I guess it's sad if you lose contact with someone you were close to/liked a fair bit however. But then, I'd imagine if you had such a bond with someone you would at least be in contact with them by other means.
    what if they dieded?

we're all gonna be dead someday like that's so scary
    our kids gon' be using TSR
    is mod status inherited? :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Ikr look at those old threads from like 2003, they were our age once, there were trolls and popular active users with thousands of posts. Makes you think, what made them decide not to log in ever again? Where are they now? They probably have a family and kids by now

I reckon that since it's a student forum, as they get older they can't relate to the 16-25 year olds that make up TSR so they stop posting. I do find it quite sad tbh

#TSRianforlife

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by z33)
    Omg we need that option for TSR *__*
    I don't have facebook but that's really cool!

yeah same - came for unofficial mark schemes, stayed for dank memes
    Who would you trust on here to control your account? :laugh:

That is the irony of TSR. We actually need therapists, I can't believe TSR doesn't provide us with them XD
    I find it ironic how TSR is supposed to help us study, I believe it's turned me off studying completely.

ReputationRep:
    What happens if we all never leave?
    Permanently i should say haha!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by yoda123)
    Ikr look at those old threads from like 2003, they were our age once, there were trolls and popular active users with thousands of posts. Makes you think, what made them decide not to log in ever again? Where are they now? They probably have a family and kids by now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's weird I know, like I think to myself, why did they log off? Will I just log off one day and never come back? Are there TSR babies on here doing their GCSEs? It is all fascinating.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by z33)
    what if they dieded?

we're all gonna be dead someday like that's so scary
    our kids gon' be using TSR
    is mod status inherited? :hmmmm:
    I'm unsure if a well known member had died on here, but I can imagine if it happened/people found out then people here would be respectful of it, and of course it would be a shock to everyone in the community.

I try not to think about the fact we are going to be dead though. Better to spend time enjoying all the life beforehand!

And as for mod status inheritance laws, it is not passed down no

ReputationRep:
    Who would you trust on here to control your account? :laugh:
    That needs to be a thread

(Original post by yoda123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeahhhh and they probably forgotten all about it x_x i wonder if they might log in one day in the future and be like wow... i remember when i made this account. Take a trip down memory lane *_*

Ikr either counselling or a delete account button k TSR?
    MAKE IT HAPPEN
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    What happens if we all never leave?
    Permanently i should say haha!
    We should ask thebear haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.