This is as much as I can remember and my answers.. Let me know if you got any different.
1. Vinyl Lettering - CNC Plotter Cutter, PLA Prototype - 3D Printer, Drinks Bottle - Blow moulding, Yogurt Pot - Vacuum forming.
2. Alloy is a composite of two or more metals to improve the physical and/or aesthetic properties of the metal.
3. Example of an alloy - stainless steel
4. Use for alloy and reasons why - Kitchen sink because good strength to weight ratio so does not damage when pan thrown into it, tough so resistant to wear and tear when knifes scratch, self-finishing so high quality.. and a couple more I can't remember.
5. Symbols - Wear Eye protection, wear ear protection, corrosive and harmful to environment.
6. ABS and LDPE are thermoplastics. Example, LDPE used for plastic bags because 1.they have good strength to weight ratio so can carry heavy items such as cans but also are not too heavy. 2. they can be printed on/ pigment applied therefore brand of shop can be printed to improve brand awareness.
7. Why HDPE for shampoo bottle - non toxic, strong, tough, light weight, flexible so easy to get out the contents, can be blow moulded and have pigment applied, strong intermolecular bonds so contents do not leak out, chemical resistant (couple more i can't remember now).
8. Why corrugated card for pizza box - contains heat/ insulating, strong and therefore if dropped contents do not damage, lightweight so easy to carry/ transport, can be die cut and tessellated so more environmentally friendly, can have printing on it using offset lithography, can be recycled so more environmentally friendly.. (couple more i can't remember)
9. FSC - Forestry stewardship council (I got this wrong i put Forestry sustainability council) logo used to show consumer that the product has come from sustainable forests and therefore is more environmentally friendly
10. Kettle - material - Stainless steel.
11. ergonomics and safety - handle close to kettle and too wide, lid difficult to open so use switch, switch easy to turn on so should be on the bottom, scale difficult to see as handle in way should be moved to side, safety good as wire on base not on on kettle therefore not near water, light should light up so can see if hot and cold or thermochromic pigment, grip on handle to make easier to grip (again few more i can't remember)
12. spinning process - metal placed onto mandrel and spun at high speed, roller is then used to push over and form to the shape (diagrams drawn)
13. UF socket because - insulating heat and current so safe, can be compression moulded, pigment can be applied, standard components can be fitted, does not melt/ deform as thermosetting plastic (again few more i can't remember)
14. Bad for environment because thermoset so sits in landfills or requires large amount of energy to break down.
Turn on thread page Beta
AQA AS Design and Technology: Product Design (3D) Unit 1 Exam watch
- 23-05-2016 19:28
- 23-05-2016 19:35
(Original post by bazbong)
- 23-05-2016 20:14
I did explain each of these points in the paper but cba to do it again haha sorry.
For shampoo bottle
- chemical resistant
- water resistant
- recyclable once used
- can be blow moulded
- high impact so it wont break if dropped? not sure about that one
- coloured granules can be added during the manufacture process to produce coloured bottle
- one more i cant remember
For pizza box
- Rigid enough to hold pizza
- Can be recycled after use
- Very cheap to produce
- Environmentally friendly
- Can be painted/sprayed
- Can be lazer cut
- and a few more which i can not remember
- 23-05-2016 20:46
For the question which asked for an alloy I put Nitinol and the memoflex glasses.
- 23-05-2016 20:55
- 23-05-2016 21:30
- 23-05-2016 21:34
- 23-05-2016 23:46
- 24-05-2016 11:51
The water meter was behind the handle so it was difficult to read was one of my points along with what everyone else has said for the kettle question
- 25-05-2016 02:58
- 25-05-2016 11:16