The Student Room Group

Hey, Is "Lady and Fox" by Beatrice Garland about human relationships?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessieAM
Yeah so literally everyone in my year said the poem was based on the of being the man's lover, and when she say "rough ride" it was a sex reference.
Reading this makes me feel better that I mentioned skinning the fox for its coat, and the woman's longing to free herself from society's expectations and act like a feral fox... Even if I my have over complicated things... :/

That's exactly what I wrote. I was worried i was the only one who didn't mention any love or sexual advances.:u:
I genuinely thought it was just about a woman who had an obsession with foxes.
Original post by Look DoNot Touch
Oh god...

I wrote about the woman being desperately and passionately in love with the fox. I then went on about the fox being an extended metaphor for a 'wild man'. I wrote that the two are different (shown by the dances) and that the fox (the man) will leave quickly (shown by the structure being of 3 lines a stanza)... I wrote four, what I believe to be, pretty convincing PEEL paragraphs. I'm hoping I actually get some marks. >.<

Well I wrote that apart from the fox being a man I just wrote about the narrator wanting the fox (sexually) 😂 Do we still get marks despite writing differently?
I was there thinking she wanted to be sexual with the fox..

"and hold on tight for a rough ride."

Yeah because that's not creepy at all!! :biggrin:
For the first paragraph I put about Ho she feels love and admiration toward the fox and then the second paragraph contrasts this and I wrote about hatred then in the third I wrote about how she wants the skin of the animal to wear... I got my mum to look at t and she thinks it's a sly man... Ahh I think I may have messed up a lot here
Original post by roshna00
omg i thought it was about killing foxes for fur lmao

i did the same thing dont worry
Original post by roshna00
omg i thought it was about killing foxes for fur lmao

i did the same thing dont worry
Original post by 1jonam16
really? are you joking?

really??? do you have quotes to support this???
Original post by Chris Hall
I don't think so, I believe it is a metaphor for the dangers of drug use and the fox's inability to raise a son.

do you have a quote to support this?
Omg I wrote the same as you! Thank god😂 All my friends said they wrote about how the fox represented a man she was in love with and I was like oh lord but now I know I'm not alone!!
Is this aqa gcse unseen poetry?
What exam board was this on? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending