Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your biggest deadly sin? Watch

• View Poll Results: What's your biggest deadly sin?
    Greed
    12.61%
    Envy
    21.46%
    Gluttony
    10.31%
    Lust
    18.01%
    Sloth
    21.43%
    Wrath
    4.37%
    Pride
    11.80%

ReputationRep:
    I'm all of those except greedy and envious

ReputationRep:
    being fat

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with...Religion.

(Original post by Ith_3ni)
    You evil little cricket. Coveting what other people have :noway:.
    We all get a little envious sometimes :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    fullmetal alchemist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    We all get a little envious sometimes :mmm:
    "We?" I think there's a slight diff b/t envy and jealousy...jealousy is a bit of a secondary reaction, but envy is deep seated and constant...:creep:

"We?" I think there's a slight diff b/t envy and jealousy...jealousy is a bit of a secondary reaction, but envy is deep seated and constant...:creep:
    Ok...so what is it call when you have absolute hatred for someone who always gets what they want?

ReputationRep:
    I think that the connection between this sins and their lethality ("deadly sins") is somewhat tenuous at best.

You can't die from having too much money. I mean sure, someone can rob you at gunpoint then kill you afterwards, but that's not really your fault is it?

You could probably eat yourself to death if you didn't poo regularly though. You'd have a bit of a Mr Creosote moment, y'know?
    Easily avoidable with a bit of exercise. I plan on eating a whole pizza tonight, plus side, and plenty of desert. And then snacks. But I've been exercising all day so it totally doesn't count. In fact, it evens itself out in my favour seeing as it's a Bank Holiday weekend. I don't know why, it just does.

The only way you could die from lust is a sex-induced heart attack, and that's gotta be far too enjoyable to be considered a sin.

I could go on.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the set. \mathrm{sup}_{x \in \mathbb{N}}\sin x = \mathrm{sup}_{x \in \mathbb{Z}} \sin x= \mathrm{sup}_{x\in\mathbb{Q}}      \sin x = \mathrm{sup}_{x\in \mathbb{R}}\sin x = \sin \frac{\pi}{2} = 1
    \mathrm{sup}_{x\in \mathbb{C}}|\sin x| = \infty,\text{ if } \sin x:=\displaystyle\sum_{n=0}^{           \infty}\dfrac{(-1)^n}{(2n+1)!}x^{2n+1}.

ReputationRep:
    Ok...so what is it call when you have absolute hatred for someone who always gets what they want?
    "Absolute hatred?"

:creep:

And that is definitely envy which might lead to wrath...

ReputationRep:
    Sloth but I am a great practitioner of the majority of them.

"Absolute hatred?"

And that is definitely envy which might lead to wrath...
    Well that means that I'm basically all the deadly sins compiled into one...:devil:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What is the difference between greed and gluttony?

I don't regard any of them as a sin because they make me who i am and i frankly love myself however greed, pride and lust all define me to a great degree. That being said i find that my lust for power motivates me, my pride gives me the confidence to peruse what i desire aiding my lust and my greed only serves to enhance my ambition.

I do have my bad points as a result of greed and pride however they are far outweighed by the good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    What is the difference between greed and gluttony?

I don't regard any of them as a sin because they make me who i am and i frankly love myself however greed, pride and lust all define me to a great degree. That being said i find that my lust for power motivates me, my pride gives me the confidence to peruse what i desire aiding my lust and my greed only serves to enhance my ambition.

I do have my bad points as a result of greed and pride however they are far outweighed by the good.
    greed is taking so much and you know you don't need it nor want it, possibly hoarding till it goes to waste
    gluttony is taking more than you need but you use it all up it's just taking an abundance of things, it's like indulgence

All the sins are chains to each other they can lead to another sin if you think about it

ReputationRep:
    Well that means that I'm basically all the deadly sins compiled into one...:devil:

****ing all of them
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    greed is taking so much and you know you don't need it nor want it, possibly hoarding till it goes to waste
    gluttony is taking more than you need but you use it all up it's just taking an abundance of things, it's like indulgence

All the sins are chains to each other they can lead to another sin if you think about it
    Ah. Most people in the UK are pretty greedy and glutenous then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Ah. Most people in the UK are pretty greedy and glutenous then.
    Welp many people are surely, it's one of the bad aspects of human nature which leads us to sloth. Sloth is the moral laziness so it eventually shows in how they take care of themselves and their things.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lusszt definitely

ReputationRep:
    I know what 'Wrath' means - like anger and stuff eg. "Villain: Feel my wrath!", but what does it entail in everyday life?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.