Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Xenon_)
    Past papers should help you improve massively considering you're using them correctly, identify weak areas > improve > practice.

Follow this strategy.

Exam Paper > Mark Scheme > Learn > Review > Improve
    Repeat for as many past papers as possible.
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Past papers, past papers and CGP. I did my GCSE maths last year and it was in January, in my December mocks I was getting High C's, realised this wasn't good enough and I could do better I got the CGP workbook and revision guide, finished every page and finished every past paper and got an A (was only a few off A*)
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamSp123)
    Does anyone have any tips on getting a solid B?
    Watch maths genie videos or hegarty maths.
    I like both but i prefer maths genie cause you can do alot more exam questions and they come with solutions + there are also exam question videos when you scroll down on some topics and the videos arent as long as hegartymaths ones

(Original post by jhornsey)
    No, if I don't get an A i don't get into sixth form
    (Original post by CyberJake)
    Nope, I'm not ready like at all.
    I need to get an A for Sixth Form.
    GRAH
    I need a B for sixth form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrietbh12)
    Nope not at all. Maths is my worst subject, and to make that even worse I find it so difficult to revise for. I'm aiming for a C so that I dont have to re-take but i'm so scared because I know I'll just go blank
    I really dont understand how people get c's and d's a c is like 20 marks so its really not that hard tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PC.police)
    I really dont understand how people get c's and d's a c is like 20 marks so its really not that hard tbh
    ....because I'm not good at maths?! My best subject is English and I'm an A in that, I'm just not that good at maths. Not hard to understand.

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for getting an A?

ReputationRep:
    ill proably get an A like ive been getting 65-77 in past papaers
    oh i hate that!
    i'm doing my 3H edexcel tomorrow, at 11:00am Kenya time
    i'm stuck in the A zone, and every now and then, i'll get an A* in a past paper, but mostly solid As. i'm doing mine a year before all my other IGCSEs. so i didnt really revise, and i'm kinda fluking it.

Wish me luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamSp123)
    Does anyone have any tips on getting a solid B?
    My teacher said about up to question 13-16 if you get full marks on each paper it will straight away secure you a B. So make sure you do lots of past papers and make sure you get those right!!!

ReputationRep:
    I need a B for sixth form aswell, and i'm not even confident about the exam

Good luck tomorrow everyone

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm prepared, I'm just going to go over graph transformations and sin/cos graphs tonight but I'm prepared otherwise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    I think I'm prepared, I'm just going to go over graph transformations and sin/cos graphs tonight but I'm prepared otherwise
    i have no clue about that. i dont think itll appear in the 3H paper prolly 4H

ReputationRep:
    I'm absolutely dreading it! Straight after is leader's assembly and it's all too much.
    I've given up hope of an A, praying for a B

ReputationRep:
    Sitting Here watching One Piece, when i should be revising. but i have decided to put faith in my brain, and i think i have revised enough to get an A* tomorrow. so i've decided to relax. i've got it in the bag, i hope.

ReputationRep:
    Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses so please learn to respect that. Just because you may be getting A/A* does not mean you can insult others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses so please learn to respect that. Just because you may be getting A/A* does not mean you can insult others.
    i didnt say hes a stupid ass or sumthin i just said a c is like 20 marks, u can get 20 marks with like grade 6 maths skills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrietbh12)
    ....because I'm not good at maths?! My best subject is English and I'm an A in that, I'm just not that good at maths. Not hard to understand.
    did u do grade 6? ye cus even grade 6 maths will get u 20 marks in the exam m80

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)
    Edexcel GCSE?

If so, then I was ready 5 months ago!!

EDIT: I hope I get an A* because it's my strongest subject... and I got an A* in my mock. However, I need a C in English language to get into my college and I got a D in my mock...
    Do you have any main tips I should remember ??? Like circle theorems like any random things?

ReputationRep:
    i didnt say hes a stupid ass or sumthin i just said a c is like 20 marks, u can get 20 marks with like grade 6 maths skills
    Nope, a grade C is not like 20 marks last year combining the two papers it was 65 marks. Not everyone has good maths skills including myself who is at a grade C and wants a grade B. You may find Maths easy but not everyone finds your so called "grade 6 maths" easy and for some people gaining those so called "20 marks" is not easy even though it may be the simplest Maths problem in the world.

ReputationRep:
    did u do grade 6? ye cus even grade 6 maths will get u 20 marks in the exam m80
    You see that right there? That is insulting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samii123)
    You see that right there? That is insulting.
    stop being so pc

ReputationRep:
    Really nervous for maths tomorrow, not because I'm bad at it but because I'd be really disappointed if I don't get an A*. Don't mean to show off, but I've been getting 100% in the maths mocks recently so I'd just be really annoyed if I mess it up on the real thing.

Good luck by the way everyone!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.