Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ocr B (advancing physics) g491 resit - 24th may 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Thought the exam was fairly difficult, probably in the middle. How did everyone do last year UMS wise??

ReputationRep:
    IMO, the easiest questions I've seen for a G491..... however, didn't finish the god damn paper.

ReputationRep:
    I really thought I had that last question until I pressed = on my calculator and didn't get what it was supposed to equal but by that point I had already accepted that I messed up tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jezmoulton)
    I loved the whole paper up until the internet question and that last question! I knew all of the circuit equations but I just couldn't get them to work for the given circuits! Anyone else with me on that or did my brain just completely fail me?!
    That sums up how my exam went too! Could someone explain the last question I feel like it should have been easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louis9873)
    That sums up how my exam went too! Could someone explain the last question I feel like it should have been easy
    I'm sure you just needed to use emf=ir+v and emf=i(R+r). Then you needed to use p=v^2/R for the to show one power was 1.5 times larger than the other

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was quite a nice paper. I'm not entirely certain what you had to do on the internet question, so I ended up finding, globally, the amount of money it costs per person per year to have 1000 server farms, which came to something like £55. Anybody else do that?

Also, did nobody else giggle when they had to justify not making a glass out of a canoe?!
    I was slightly annoyed by the fact that I had never heard of epoxy resin, and they gave a very vague description as to what it was, but I just imagined it as a glue, and hoped they shared the same material qualities.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.