Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should unemployed get free entry to theme parks and attractions? watch

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _icecream)
    Unemployed people should get half price cheap holidays to places like Spain
    Why dont we also give them Ferrari's and range rovers whilst we are at it, maybe a swimming pool in their garden? Anything else you would want to give them? Maybe you can fund these pathetic ideas from your own pocket..

Sometimes i do wonder how people are so stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    Why dont we also give them Ferrari's and range rovers whilst we are at it, maybe a swimming pool in their garden? Anything else you would want to give them? Maybe you can fund these pathetic ideas from your own pocket..

Sometimes i do wonder how people are so stupid.

Unemployed people are humans too what's wrong with giving them 1 discounted holiday a year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _icecream)

Unemployed people are humans too what's wrong with giving them 1 discounted holiday a year?
    You are analysing this from a different perspective. I did not intend my reply to degrade them.

However, by giving people (who already get money paid for by the taxpayer) a holiday abroad is ridiculous. A holiday is a luxury; not a right nor a necessity, they get a certain amount a week (whether its enough or too much is a completely different topic) which covers their bills and other necessities.

There are people who work on minimum wage or earn less than £25k per year and pay tax and cannot afford to take their kids on holidays, could you imagine how angry they would be that they have had to work for their money and still cannot afford to go and other people who have not lifted a finger are tanning in Ibiza.

I think your idea was insane and i dont think you quite understand the implications it would have. Further if they are allowed holidays what next, are we going to give them sports cars and swimming pools? This idea is basically BEGGING for more and more people to jump onto benefits, there is already very little incentive to work low paid jobs in this country already, providing these things is a slap in the face for the hard working tax payers whether they earn £22k or £100k.

At first i thought your comment was a troll but the fact you are serious is well...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.