Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone get for the period question too?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get 38 for the summations sequences question and X=12,-3 for logs

ReputationRep:
    i think it's only x=12, -3 wasn't possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M12345689)
    For some reason i got 37 for the summation i might have made a slip up some where. I got the same for the logs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanspam)
    I thought because the X was squared it would make it possible as it would go to 9

ReputationRep:
    -3 was possible if you put it into the equation the bit inside the log was >0 as there was x^2 and x+4

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what the actual log question was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Csd1999)
    2log x - log (x+4) = 3, I think

Edit: scratch that, guy below me is right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Csd1999)
    2log base 3 (X) - log base 3 (X+4) = 2
    I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandpitturtle)
    what did everyone get for the period question too?
    I got pi/a, just by trying sin x, sin 2x, sin 3x, etc and roughly sketching the graph.

Yep, I got that.

-3 is possible because you square the x on top and add 4 to x on the bottom, so you get x^2 / 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3rmit)
    I got pi/a, just by trying sin x, sin 2x, sin 3x, etc and roughly sketching the graph.

Yep, I got that.

-3 is possible because you square the x on top and add 4 to x on the bottom, so you get x^2 / 1
    -3 wasn't possible in the original equation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annonomous09)
    -3 wasn't possible in the original equation
    It is if
    2log base 3 (X) - log base 3 (X+4) = 2
    is the original equation, which does definitely seem to ring a bell. If you apply the 2 as a power before logging it works and gives 2

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial mark scheme anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many marks the log question was worth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3rmit)
    It is if

is the original equation, which does definitely seem to ring a bell. If you apply the 2 as a power before logging it works and gives 2
    I don't think it counts as you can't really square a minus, and log isn't valid for negative numbers, but I am not tottaly sure

ReputationRep:
    Was the period not 2pi/a?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it counts as you can't really square a minus, and log isn't valid for negative numbers, but I am not tottaly sure
    Why cant you square a minus? Surely it works like squaring in general, turns it positive? Maybe they wanted you to state it would have to be 3 instead of -3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sourestdeeds)
    Why cant you square a minus? Surely it works like squaring in general, turns it positive? Maybe they wanted you to state it would have to be 3 instead of -3?
    true, sorry i got confused with sqr rooting, i am still so unsure about that question if -3 was counted though
    either way would probably only be a mark so not too fussed haha

ReputationRep:
    true, sorry i got confused with sqr rooting, i am still so unsure about that question if -3 was counted though
    either way would probably only be a mark so not too fussed haha
    I was also confused because it works in the rearranged equation, just not the original. I just stuck with 12 anyway

ReputationRep:
    What do people think the boundaries will be?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.