Edexcel Physics AS Physics on the Go Unit 1 *RETAKE*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FlameAlchemyst
Also what did people get for the vectors question I got 13.6N and 47 degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get for the show that it = 130J question
Reply 21
Original post by LucyAbigail
I thought it was a good paper!! Although I messed up on two, my mind blanked on the horizontal distance and the Stokes' law question, frustrating as they seem so simple now that I've thought about it!!

I got really lucky and realised how to work out the raindrop radius in the last 5 mins. It was something around 2.4x10-4m? Lol yeh rest of the paper was decent :smile:
Original post by Mizuz
Hey!

I felt that it was better than last year, but there were some questions that were quite tricky... Overall, I think it was a good paper. :smile: What about you?[
Physics was easy, anyone who thinks otherwise should know that people with down syndrome should not be allowed to take the test.

tbh im surprised even half of you can type
Ah yes! sorry for saying it was like 60m. i remember my answer was 98.4m now after seeing FlameAlchemists post. sorry for the confusion guys :smile:
For the 130J one, I initially could only get 144J was so confused! Then I played around and I think you needed to only use the point 6cm with the corresponding Force and use W=Fs rather than 1/2Fx, and this gives you 126.
Original post by Ezio.
I got really lucky and realised how to work out the raindrop radius in the last 5 mins. It was something around 2.4x10-4m? Lol yeh rest of the paper was decent :smile:

Exactly what I got :P!

I quickly realised it was the volume of a sphere = 4/3 x pi x r^3 :smile:
Original post by FlameAlchemyst
Also what did people get for the vectors question I got 13.6N and 47 degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got roughly the same for the vector one
Original post by thetopstudent
for the 130j one, i initially could only get 144j was so confused! Then i played around and i think you needed to only use the point 6cm with the corresponding force and use w=fs rather than 1/2fx, and this gives you 126.

i got 144 too what the hell?!?!?!?!

But it said use the graph
[QUOTE="ben_urwinator;65111837"]
Original post by Mizuz
Hey!

I felt that it was better than last year, but there were some questions that were quite tricky... Overall, I think it was a good paper. :smile: What about you?[
Physics was easy, anyone who thinks otherwise should know that people with down syndrome should not be allowed to take the test.

tbh im surprised even half of you can type

That's not fair my friend with Down syndrome took the test and he said it was alright

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the terminal velocity of the raindrop did anyone get 7.05 meters per second? And what did you guys say for the table tennis ball being submerged? I said upthrust greater than weight + drag so there was a resultant force causing the ball to accelerate upwards to the surface. should be fine?
Original post by KINGYusuf
i got 144 too what the hell?!?!?!?!

But it said use the graph

Yeh you do use the graph, but rather than work out the area you just needed to use 6cm multiplied by the force, I figured
Original post by TheTopStudent
Yeh you do use the graph, but rather than work out the area you just needed to use 6cm multiplied by the force, I figured

But isn't the total compression 9cm? 3 and then a further 6
Reply 32
Original post by extreamedice
For the terminal velocity of the raindrop did anyone get 7.05 meters per second? And what did you guys say for the table tennis ball being submerged? I said upthrust greater than weight + drag so there was a resultant force causing the ball to accelerate upwards to the surface. should be fine?

Yeah I got 7.05m/s too. And that's exactly what I said I just also states newtons second law just in case
For the work done you needed to calculate the elastic potential for a compression of 9 and subtract the elastic potential for 3 which gives you 126J

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I got 7.05ms^-1!!
and I said that weight and drag were not sufficient to overcome upthrust and then the resultant force bit so basically same
How did i get 144j guys people got 126 or 128?

I found Elastic strain energy at 9cm minus it at 3cm.
But isn't the total compression 9cm? 3 and then a further 6

I thought so too, but I guess the child is only doing 6cm out of the 9cm (the stick doing the other 3)
I struggle with the understanding too but that seemed like a close enough answer to 130 having played around with numbers
For the weight of the moon rock - it was 35 pounds so i calculated 35x0.45 = 15.75 kg

Then I used 15.75kg to find the weight of the rock on the moon which was 15.75 x (9.81 x 1/6) = 25.8 N

Anyone did the same?
To those who got 144 i think you didnt think about the question too much, it said find out the work done by the child. You guys took into consideration of the spring being compressed a total of 9cm but initally the spring was already compressed 3cm so the only "work" the child is doing is 6cm worth.

Work done is F * D. Force was 2.1 x 10-3 distance was 6cm = 126 J
Reply 39
For the weight of the moon rock - it was 35 pounds so i calculated 35x0.45 = 15.75 kg

Then I used 15.75kg to find the weight of the rock on the moon which was 15.75 x (9.81 x 1/6) = 25.8 N

Anyone did the same?

Yes! I got that. :smile: How was the multiple choice??

Quick Reply

Latest