Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Source.
    His rear end? From whence it was pulled?

ReputationRep:
    It's not just Muslims it is any ethnic minority.
    On ITV news this morning there was a report about a horrendous random acid spraying attack on 5 young men leaving one blinded and all with life changing injuries . They described the man they are looking for as having black hair and a black bubble jacket. Never bothered to mention that he was black.
    Dancing on the head of a pin to avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    You forgot psycho muslim terrorist cat kills 8 people and a frog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    The real number is that since 9/11, over 90% of all terror attacks worldwide have been perpetrated by Muslims.
    There is nothing particularly special about Islam that causes people to commit terrorist attacks. For example, in our own back yard...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Great_Britain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    There is nothing particularly special about Islam that causes people to commit terrorist attacks. For example, in our own back yard...

That's probably not the best source. Check out the first sentence: "but excluding events in Northern Ireland what is illegally occupied by the United Kingdom." Clearly some barely literate IRA terrorist sympathizer has been messing about with it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-30080914
    http://markhumphrys.com/islamic.attacks.west.html
    http://markhumphrys.com/islamist.terror.uk.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)

At some point very strong correlations repeated throughout history must be admitted to be causation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    The reason is simple, and it is not because of an anti-Moslem agenda on the part of the news media.

In Europe it is rare in the extreme for Christians, Jews, Buddhists and Sikhs to kill people because of their religion, or to kill in the name of their religion. Therefore newspapers have no reason to report their religion.

Islam, on the other hand, seems to engender violence on the part of a significant minority of its adherents, who do kill people because of their culture (engendered by Islam) or the religion itself, or kill people in the name of Islam.
    Finally someone on here is talking sense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    The media is run by leftists, what did you expect?
    The news of the stabbing was also posted in the Guardian. I'd say that's mainstream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generallee)
    His rear end? From whence it was pulled?
    There's no need to me rude. The guy is just trying to have a civil conversation with you.

Are you here to intimidate or debate reasonably?

ReputationRep:
    KKK? Buddhist monks killing Muslims in Myanmar? There's a radical group in every religion, belief, organization etc. Does Buddhism promote violence? No. Does Christianity, Islam, Judaism promote violence? No. These kind of texts can be taken and manipulated into the so called 'violent' texts they are. Who are these done by? Humans.

Now this matter isn't about religion or ethnicity. There are psycho white Americans killing innocent students at school shootings. There many psychologically impaired people all around the world. This is a matter about their brain function. Not what they 'believe' in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WebSurfer)
    These kind of texts can be taken and manipulated into the so called 'violent' texts they are.
    Have you actually read the Koran?

ReputationRep:
    Have you actually read the Koran?
    And have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WebSurfer)
    And have you?
    Not all, but quite a lot. Enough to give me a true view of whether it promotes violence or not..

You didn't answer my question: have you read the Koran?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limadima)
    remember slavery?
    Which slavery?

The slave trade that was participated in by black slave-takers who sold their black captives to mostly white traders who took them over the Atlantic?

Or the Islamic slave trade, which involved captives of all colours being taken by Moslems?

Or the slavery still going on in Mali, Sudan (where it is endemic), China, Pakistan, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Russia, Thailand, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burma, Uzbekistan, Bangladesh, Algeria, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Mauritania, Haiti, Nepal and India (where there are about 15 million children in bonded labour)? Notice the number of countries involved in slavery where the inhabitants are not white.

ReputationRep:
    ml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limadima)
    ml
    Funny eh?

About 12 million were shipped across the Atlantic, maybe 12-14 million taken by Islamic traders, while there are currently over 20 million people in slavery in the counties I listed.

Which is the greatest scandal?

ReputationRep:
    Funny eh?

About 12 million were shipped across the Atlantic, maybe 12-14 million taken by Islamic traders, while there are currently over 20 million people in slavery in the counties I listed.

Which is the greatest scandal?
    omygod, you're a psychopath please stop quoting me, if two random letters make you go on a rant about slavery, you need help..

ReputationRep:
    Not all, but quite a lot. Enough to give me a true view of whether it promotes violence or not..

Not read but rather listened to it. And I listened enough to give me true view of whether it promotes violence or not.

ReputationRep:
    On another note, this is what's going on at the other side of the world

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/21/us...rgia.html?_r=0

Now, I'm not into arguments so that'll be the end of my talk. Peace to all

ReputationRep:

Have you read the Bible? A lot of violence in the Old Testament. So why aren't Christians and Jews killing non-believers?

If Islamic terrorism doesn’t come from Islamic doctrine (because if it did Jews and Christians would also be at it), where does it come from?

It's almost like there have been proxy wars fought in the Middle East for the past 100 years and the people there are pretty pissed off at each other and the world at large.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.