Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official OCR Chemistry A F321 27th May June 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    It was about the orbitals relative energies in a nitrogen atom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3zz4)
    I think they meant the energy levels of the nitrogen sub-shells question underneath the table.
    Thank the lord. Also since your here was there any ionisation questions. I cant remember ? Just worried I may of missed a page :P

ReputationRep:
    Kinda scared the grade boundaries will be really high since it was a pretty simple paper 😰

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else find that paper harder than past papers? as in it was more writing formulas and equations and it was too simple to the point where you may over complicate it. Hardly any past paper questions popped up e.g. water of crystallization, electrical conductivity etc. I believe I did worst than last year.

ReputationRep:
    what answers did everyone get?

ReputationRep:
    1.20 anyone?
    non Liner 104.5

ReputationRep:
    There was the one about which element had the lowest 4th ionisation out of the second and third period but that's about it I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3zz4)
    I used two test tubes.
    Bromine water + calcium iodide (turned purple)
    Bromine water + barium chloride (turned orange)
    Bromine is not reactive enough to displace chloride ions. Only the first reaction that you wrote can happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnjims828)
    Bromine is not reactive enough to displace chloride ions. Only the first reaction that you wrote can happen.
    I wrote that my ionic equation was br2 (aq) + 2I- (aq) = 2br- (aq) + i2 (aq) and turns violet

ReputationRep:
    Just about survived but screwed up the simple dot-cross diagram for nitrogen so kicking myself a bit!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone explain what they got for the mass in the last question???

ReputationRep:
    0.120g I got

ReputationRep:
    Most of the question left me with doubt answers, for example "what type of redox reaction is it" or "Write a formula for the acid formed". Some people said it was straight forward other in my school said there were a lot of trick questions. Overall I found it difficult, probably lost 10-11 marks

ReputationRep:
    i feel the same way tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparklez10)
    0.120g I got
    same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafiz97)
    Most of the question left me with doubt answers, for example "what type of redox reaction is it" or "Write a formula for the acid formed". Some people said it was straight forward other in my school said there were a lot of trick questions. Overall I found it difficult, probably lost 10-11 marks
    disproportionation reaction where an element is both oxidised and reduced in a redox i thought the paper was quite easy compared to the past papers at most i lost 5 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrownGuyIrfan)
    1.20 anyone?
    non Liner 104.5
    i got 0.120

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lotty_A)
    Just about survived but screwed up the simple dot-cross diagram for nitrogen so kicking myself a bit!
    i almost did first time through i drew a nitrogen atom on its own lol
    one silly mistake i did make though was calling sf6 sulfur fluoride which is probably incorrect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnjims828)
    i got 0.120
    AH eyah that's what i meant. It's correct! Mark schemes on twitter. Got 50/60 :/ Really needed full ums as my f322 as grade was an e xD hopefulyl the resit goes better

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.