The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Geography B 24/05/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MMM12
I just remembered i think i didnt tick any boxes and now i am literally freaking out.

lol I remember in the mocks I made sure I ticked the boxes, but now that I think back to todays exam....
I just hope the examiners r kind enough to just look at the answers :redface:
Original post by Joseph72602
I felt it was the other way around for me lol but that could be due to the fact I literally didn't start revising until a couple days before my exams.

But some of the questions were really annoying like the immediate response and relief questions I hardly knew anything as I only knew how they would respond to earthquakes over time but immediately?
uhm yeah idk lol

I'm so happy I knew what to write for that question.i remember doing a sheet on it in class to do with the Kashmir Earthquake. I wrote how to begin with, it was risky and unsafe, as the survivors pulled the people out the rubble. And then the rapid rescue team arrive and this makes it more efficient and effective. Then in the next 8 days 60 countries offered aid which benefited as of Pakistans economic situation.
Original post by أنيسة
I'm so happy I knew what to write for that question.i remember doing a sheet on it in class to do with the Kashmir Earthquake. I wrote how to begin with, it was risky and unsafe, as the survivors pulled the people out the rubble. And then the rapid rescue team arrive and this makes it more efficient and effective. Then in the next 8 days 60 countries offered aid which benefited as of Pakistans economic situation.

ahhh I only talked about the positive points. Would that be okay?
Original post by rayestar
ahhh I only talked about the positive points. Would that be okay?

I think it should be :smile:
Reply 24
Am I screwed if I wrote about agroforestry, afforestation and extractive reserves for the management measures for the biosphere question? I feel like I flopped the last question too - I wrote about how climate change would cause droughts leading to overgrazing and soil erosion in arid regions; and in polar regions it would be hard to hunt due to ice-caps melting.
Original post by ukila
Am I screwed if I wrote about agroforestry, afforestation and extractive reserves for the management measures for the biosphere question? I feel like I flopped the last question too - I wrote about how climate change would cause droughts leading to overgrazing and soil erosion in arid regions; and in polar regions it would be hard to hunt due to ice-caps melting.

I wrote about agroforestry in Talamanca, Costa Rica for the Biosphere question too!
Your answer to the las question is good!, as both result in them not being able to sell food and so lose money to economies.
I messed that question up so bad, I talked about climate change leading to species migration, so they can't hunt and sell polar bears XD made no sense.
Reply 26
can someone tell me what the questions were for this exam (not oceans or rivers I did coasts and extreme environments) cos I just found have a mock of it next week. thanks
could someone post the unofficial Mark scheme for this paper that we did as I did really bad and would like to know where I went wrong.
Was predicted an A some how got a C :s-smilie:
Thanks in advance.
By the way i did section c Extreme environments
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bluefish X
could someone post the unofficial Mark scheme for this paper that we did as I did really bad and would like to know where I went wrong.
Was predicted an A some how got a C :s-smilie:
Thanks in advance.
By the way i did section c Extreme environments

it's not easy to make an unofficial mark scheme on geography yknw. If you ask the teachers, they will have access to the mark scheme so you might as well ask (assuming you've already done the test)
Original post by forsyths00
Thoughts and opinions on the paper?

Could you tell me what questions came up on this paper or what areas to revise.
Thank you
Reply 30
Any questions on this paper please?
Original post by forsyths00
Thoughts and opinions on the paper?

hey, i have my mock coming up and is there anything rlly signifcant i should look at? i am seriously freaking out , is it a really hard test??

thank u! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending