Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think that the grade boundaries will be similar to 2014 with only a slight increase with the D-B grade boundaries

A*49
    A 43
    B 36
    C 29
    D 23

ReputationRep:
    I thought the 8 marker for weather and climate was badly worded

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the fold mountain question cause i didnt mention geosynclines and all that

ReputationRep:
    On ice on the land were we supposed to use a case study for the Avalanche question? Very confused as it didn't specifically state and had a previous 4 marker on the case study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polagra)
    Discussion:
    How did everyone find that exam?
    Grade boundaries?
    Questions (especially descriptive questions)?
    I did
    Restless Earth
    Living world
    &a Coastal zone

Restless earn was ridiculously easy finished that in about 20 mins
    The living world was casual as expected some difficult word question and for the 8 marker had to include 2 case studies.
    For the coastal zone found it a bit uneasy some weird question but all in all i found it very well as the question were mostly on geographic knowledge and a couple of aplliance questions but we're very easy.
    I Think the grade boundaries will stay the same or fluctuate down because some people found it very difficult.

I think it really depended on what you revise e.g I revised dessert and fold mountain case studies in lesson and those were both 8 markers but the third was harder.

Wonder how the human papers gonna be need to do more revision for that

ReputationRep:
    What did people put in Restless Earth on the first question what was name of volcano????????? I got St Helens
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzytempleheald)
    On ice on the land were we supposed to use a case study for the Avalanche question? Very confused as it didn't specifically state and had a previous 4 marker on the case study
    NO i think we only use a case study if they ask for one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irfugigfea)
    I did weather and climate, living world and water on the land, and thought I got really lucky on the questions, apart from the weather and climate 8 marker, which I thought was a bit weird...
    I found the weather and climate 8 marker weird too! What did you write for it because a lot of people I've spoken to think they have done it wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polagra)
    no i think we only use a case study if they ask for one
    thank god

ReputationRep:
    Also.... for fold mountains question:

I put that they occur at destructive and collision. Collision due to the two continental plates colliding and material in-between to form fold mountains bilaterally. And at destructive plat boundary unilaterally due to continental being crumpled

What did everyone else put??????
    I put exactly that, sure it is correct.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the fold mountain question cause i didnt mention geosynclines and all that
    I said sediment builds up in the geosynclines in the land, then that two continental plates because they have a similar density collide and one doesn't subduct under the other so they crumple up, crumpling up the sediment with anticlines and synclines which produces fold mountains, then I gave an example of The Andes

abondance, charmonix, galtur, something like that, I did galtur
    edit: oops didn't read ur Q properly, pretty sure you do, it was 'describe the effects of an avalanche' so it'd be in your best instincts to include a case study to replicate the effects, however if you didn't use one you could still get like 6/8 marks, you just can't achieve level 3 because you've not used any specific data which is what they ask for in the mark scheme. Unless it's a question on processes or something where you just need to use a figure (although you should use a case study with a figure) then you should always use a case study

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, I just pray it wasn't essential

ReputationRep:
    Hope grade boundaries are lowwwwwwwwwwwww af

ReputationRep:
    you cant get into level 3 7-8 without specific knowledge ie. a case study

ReputationRep:
    When will there be an unofficial mark scheme?
    The paper was out of 75 weren't it
    3 25 mark papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izak)
    you cant get into level 3 7-8 without specific knowledge ie. a case study
    It didn't ask for one though, cry

ReputationRep:
    A bit of a random question but what were the first questions for the living world, water and rocks?

ReputationRep:
    Also.... for fold mountains question:

I put that they occur at destructive and collision. Collision due to the two continental plates colliding and material in-between to form fold mountains bilaterally. And at destructive plat boundary unilaterally due to continental being crumpled

What did everyone else put??????
    I used the case study example of the Alps if this is the same question.

ReputationRep:
    who is revising 4 paper 2 GCSE Geography on 8th June????
    I am revising for population,tourism and changing urban environment(which I hate).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraAli123)
    who is revising 4 paper 2 GCSE Geography on 8th June????
    I am revising for population,tourism and changing urban environment(which I hate).
    Same here!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.