Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daribig)
    So if the vertical length from x to y is 25 m, then the gpe lost from x to y would be 25*9.81*mass of motorcyclist?
    Yep, mass was 190kg, giving 4.66 x10^4 J

ReputationRep:
    Oh great! Haha i thought it was 120 wen trying to recall it. Sure i got it right then thanks

ReputationRep:
    Guys would non uniform acceleration be the same as saying increasing acceleration? Should be right?

ReputationRep:
    Guys would non uniform acceleration be the same as saying increasing acceleration? Should be right?
    No - non-uniform could mean decreasing acceleration which is wrong

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the mark scheme this year. Because of the situation, I don't think they'd accept that, as it's not specific enough. That is just 100% speculation though

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks 8)

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    Reckon i got around 48 so hopefully an A will be at 46 ish

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot! 2 questions, is surface area ok as a component of drag, and is deceleration ok instead of negative acceleration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadych)
    thanks a lot! 2 questions, is surface area ok as a component of drag, and is deceleration ok instead of negative acceleration?
    Strictly speaking surface area is wrong - but might be Ok on mark scheme.
    Deceleration will be OK.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't read the question properly for the young modulus question where it asked for each cable and forgot to divide by four, will I only lose 1 mark? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyHard123456)
    What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?
    48ish for an A I recon

ReputationRep:
    do you need to say through the origin for 6c iii ? i wrote linear region

ReputationRep:
    im guessing around 40-46 because my memory is terrible and some of my answers seem close in explanation but not exact

ReputationRep:
    For 4e i thought as the cyclist leant over the bike his centre of mass moves further away from y so the moment increases and hence x increases?

ReputationRep:
    I put velocity and area of parachutist would i still get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olatee)
    I put velocity and area of parachutist would i still get the mark?
    Should do yeah

ReputationRep:
    Is there a potential answer that the force from the driver on the airbag would've caused the airbag to burst, rather than him rebounding?

ReputationRep:
    Are these the answers for the recent 2016 OCR AS physics paper? Please don't bite 😅

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.