Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is a person who is 75-77% african the same as a full blooded african? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyVibe)
    No. I call them bi-racial or half breed. Some who is over 90 or above percent is a pure breed.
    That's just me though.
    Can you maths or? Because last I check 50% is half :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    What does that mean? Have you had your DNA analysed or are you just making up numbers?

Also your definition of black requiring someone to have slaves as ancestors is bizarre.
    Yes i did and why is my definition bizarre? I am not saying that Africans and black people are a separate race im just saying that by US standards the term 'black' as a poitical term was used to describe africans in the transatlantic slave trade

ReputationRep:
    Are white people so pure, that if someone has a black mother and white father, the child is black? How much black do you need in you before you aren't classed as black?

It is a racist one drop rule - it occured in racist, facist america back a century and beyond that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Are white people so pure, that if someone has a black mother and white father, the child is black? How much black do you need in you before you aren't classed as black?

It is a racist one drop rule - it occured in racist, facist america back a century and beyond that.
    As i said before that's not black that's biracial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackstar101204)
    Yes i did and why is my definition bizarre? I am not saying that Africans and black people are a separate race im just saying that by US standards the term 'black' as a poitical term was used to describe africans in the transatlantic slave trade
    Saying that someone can't be described as black unless they had slaves as ancestors is nonsense. I won't turn this into a history lesson, but plenty of black people weren't slaves.

What's your other 23-25% btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Saying that someone can't be described as black unless they had slaves as ancestors is nonsense. I won't turn this into a history lesson, but plenty of black people weren't slaves.

What's your other 23-25% btw?
    Fair-play what i mean is those Africans who were removed from Africa in the trans Atlantic slave trade and who settled in places such as the Caribbean or america or basically anywhere that wasn't Africa. And the rest of the my DNA is a mix between south Asian, central Asian, Polynesian and European (Iberian peninsula, Ireland, Greece, Scandinavia, west Europe and Finland/northwest Russia).

ReputationRep:
    But does that mean that actual black celebs such as lupita or kelly rowland are unattractive?
    No. I'm mean society usually associates biracial or mixed women with black woman and they become the face of black people if they're attractive despite them not actually fully black or black for the most part.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm mean society usually associates biracial or mixed woman with black woman and they become the face of black people if they're attractive despite them not actually fully black or the most part black.
    Ah ok sorry i misinterpreted what you said, yeah tbh I would agree with you on that one

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok sorry i misinterpreted what you said, yeah tbh I would agree with you on that one
    If you don't mind me asking but what are you out of the 23 percent?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking but what are you out of the 23 percent?
    south Asian, central Asian, Polynesian and European (Iberian peninsula, Ireland, Greece, Scandinavia, west Europe and Finland/northwest Russia)

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what same means?

ReputationRep:
    south Asian, central Asian, Polynesian and European (Iberian peninsula, Ireland, Greece, Scandinavia, west Europe and Finland/northwest Russia)
    Wow. That sounds cool tbh. So you're African for the most part but a little everything. Wow. What language do you speak? Or it just English?

ReputationRep:
    Wow. That sounds cool tbh. So you're African for the most part but a little everything. Wow. What language do you speak? Or it just English?
    yeah pretty much, yeah i only speak English, where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    yeah pretty much, yeah i only speak English, where are you from?
    USA, MD.

ReputationRep:
    USA, MD.
    Ah right cool, never knew that TSR was even known of in the US haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    Do you know what same means?
    you're the same mix?

ReputationRep:
    IMO you're african if you are culturally african...it's more than just numbers and percentages, it's a true appreciation of your african culture and other african cultures around you...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but IMO black and african are two different things, For someone t qualify as 100% black they must be (over 50 % african but also at the same time have ancestors who were slaves) For me black is an offshoot of african, its kind of like the what a latino is to an Aztec
    Lol why do you need to have ancestors who were slaves to be black? You know that most Africans were never slaves (which is why they're still in Africa or emigrated by choice in the last few decades). Most of the slaves which came from Africa were taken to the Carribean/America but obviously that is only a minority of all black people in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    Lol why do you need to have ancestors who were slaves to be black? You know that most Africans were never slaves (which is why they're still in Africa or emigrated by choice in the last few decades). Most of the slaves which came from Africa were taken to the Carribean/America but obviously that is only a minority of all black people in the world.
    That's my point, that's how i separate black people from africans, the ones who didnt leave Africa are not black because they didn't have the same traumatic history that the ones who left did. Black people in the US and Carribean have become genetically different from the normal African due to past raping from slave masters and also mixing with other cultures (I know some africans are mixed but the point is, the mixing that happened in the black races of the US and the Carribean happened as a direct or indirect result of slavery)

ReputationRep:
    That's my point, that's how i separate black people from africans, the ones who didnt leave Africa are not black because they didn't have the same traumatic history that the ones who left did. Black people in the US and Carribean have become genetically different from the normal African due to past raping from slave masters and also mixing with other cultures (I know some africans are mixed but the point is, the mixing that happened in the black races of the US and the Carribean happened as a direct or indirect result of slavery)
    That is not what black means though? You can't just change the meaning of the word???? Black doesn't mean only those descended from slaves. So by you're logic Africans aren't black, which doesn't make sense like Black African is literally an ethnic group.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.