Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Everyone alive right now won't be alive by the next century? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Was bored and I was just pondering, except maybe babies being born right now,.. Me and everyone around me will be gone by the year 2100, if not 2110.

Right now I'm a 14 Year old adolescent just going to school day in, day out, but imagine I'll be just dust and everything I do right now will fade into nothingness. The bedroom I sleep in, the television I watch, the people I see every morning, the living room I lounge in and the laptop I'm creating this thread on will all be gone, even the strangers I see at the bus stop.

I mean just imagine the year 2075 or 2095 I could be waking up to my last sunrise and sunset, and going to sleep for the last time while 10 year old children are playing outside or a baby is just being born. I wonder what I did that day..

Its just so weird, what are your thoughts on this?

I think I may just be struggling to come to terms with this.
    I had another thought
    What if every person ever born on this planet was alive, how many of us would there be?
    Therefore I am glad I will not be there next century

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    At least my TSR account will still be here.
    Unless TSR gets taken down, is flushed out of old accounts or sth like that.

ReputationRep:
    I am concerned that medical advances will be limited in the scope to prolong life. There are still too many economic and political factors that can inform the lifespan of an individual and indeed wider society.

Cool train of thought op. I find it to be pretty trippy.

ReputationRep:
    Will The Student Room even be around then if it is they might do a database wipe on old accounts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Was bored and I was just pondering, except maybe babies being born right now,.. Me and everyone around me will be gone by the year 2100, if not 2110.

Right now I'm a 14 Year old adolescent just going to school day in, day out, but imagine I'll be just dust and everything I do right now will fade into nothingness. The bedroom I sleep in, the television I watch, the people I see every morning, the living room I lounge in and the laptop I'm creating this thread on will all be gone, even the strangers I see at the bus stop.

I mean just imagine the year 2075 or 2095 I could be waking up to my last sunrise and sunset, and going to sleep for the last time while 10 year old children are playing outside or a baby is just being born. I wonder what I did that day..

Its just so weird, what are your thoughts on this?

I think I may just be struggling to come to terms with this.
    I have to live to 106 to be able to see 2100, hopefully I will live that long

Death is inevitable, its what you do that you can be remembered for is what counts

The people developed from my eggs should still be here :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Unless TSR gets taken down, is flushed out of old accounts or sth like that.
    The CT have admitted that there's no way to mass delete threads, let alone flush out old, unused threads so if TSR is still here then so will my account :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The point is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    My thoughts are

You have exams leave stupid website
    Then why are you still here on this stupid website?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So, you're saying I can't live to 100 years old?? IS THAT A CHALLENGE, IF SO, I ACCEPT IT GOOD SIR. Then I can fight all the new century kids with my 21st century talk like all the 20th century bbys do now.

ReputationRep:
    r/im14andthisisdeep :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    At least my TSR account will still be here.
    Legacy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.