Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

One word to describe what you think of this video watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Dragon_)
    TSR seems intent on subtly trying to push us to vote remain...

First with Eddie Izzard and now this post. It just seems like an excuse to publicise and spread the BSE broadcast. Luckily both posts seem to have backfired.

I hope to see some posts detailing the work of the leave campaign which are targeting students eg Students for Britain and BeLeave in the interests of neutrality
    Hardly bloody subtle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like it. Pretty dynamic and draws attention

As for being influenced - meh... not the first time we have or will be in our so called 'democracy'. It's very rare that people are properly educated on the issues they are to cast their vote on, and so it essentially comes down to being told what to do.
    Though maybe things will be better in the future, with about 40% of us having further education.

ReputationRep:
    out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    No need for this campaign. We are going to win anyway amongst the younger people.
    Thankfully the majority of young people won't vote.

ReputationRep:
    Scaremongerin(g)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Hardly bloody subtle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats true, wouldn't be surprised if BSE have been quietly slipping TSR some envelopes

ReputationRep:
    Thats true, wouldn't be surprised if BSE have been quietly slipping TSR some envelopes
    I wouldn't be surprised either, anything for a bit more money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very bias.

ReputationRep:
    I understand the idea and thinking behind the ad, but it inevitably comes off as more patronising. It has a "getting down to your level" kind of feel. It just annoys me cos' I want us to remain but that doesn't mean I support those behind the 'stay' campaign. By not including any facts it's almost as if they are implying we don't understand politics. -.-

ReputationRep:
    Im wish i could vote.....i would vote to stay in and heres the reason:
    Yes although we give £350 million a week into the eu, we get back £66 million a day which is £462 million a week. Clearly it makes more sense to stay in???? Also as young people, we have more of a chance to work and travel abroad into the eu. If we leave then our ecomony will suffer an inflation will increase prices (thinking of university fees!!!) Just think guys....were better un the eu ........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paula2578)
    Im wish i could vote.....i would vote to stay in and heres the reason:
    Yes although we give £350 million a week into the eu, we get back £66 million a day which is £462 million a week. Clearly it makes more sense to stay in???? Also as young people, we have more of a chance to work and travel abroad into the eu. If we leave then our ecomony will suffer an inflation will increase prices (thinking of university fees!!!) Just think guys....were better un the eu ........
    Since when does the EU give us £462 million back every week?

Visas are negotiated bilaterally by governments we can still work and travel abroad; as everyone did before the EU formed.

How can you possible know we will suffer inflation, who's to say there won't be a deregulatory boom post brexit ?

I'm afraid you have bought into Dave and Osbournes fear mongering...

I found it kinda funny actually for some reason :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Like a bunch of middle aged MPs gathered together in a dark room to brainstorm ways of relating to da kids

ReputationRep:
    I think I've found their marketing retainer:

ReputationRep:
    fear-mongerIN

ReputationRep:
    Sorry - I know the youth are often seen as less intelligent and in this case it's often true that much of our young people are uneducated on the EU referendum but I mean come on - we're not f*cking brain-dead - no facts, no figures, nothing, not even emotive arguments - just straight up, "it's better" to be in the EU.

Ridiculous.

TSR seems intent on subtly trying to push us to vote remain...First with Eddie Izzard and now this post. It just seems like an excuse to publicise and spread the BSE broadcast. Luckily both posts seem to have backfired.I hope to see some posts detailing the work of the leave campaign which are targeting students eg Students for Britain and BeLeave in the interests of neutrality

Come on, let's face it, it's no surprise. TSR has always been a cesspool of the left.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.