Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did you find the C2? Watch

• View Poll Results: How was the C2 for you?
    very hard
    9.17%
    hard
    19.59%
    ok
    31.03%
    easy
    23.90%
    very easy
    16.31%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainBear)
    I'm dropping it next year
    Did you decide that before you've done some exams?

Oh well, maths isnt for everybody (not meant towards only you but also myself but i think i can barely manage)

ReputationRep:
    The paper was fine. The last question show that was a bit **** in that you had to see the arbitrary value by which to multiply everything, but otherwise it was fine. Dropped a mark for forgetting to plug x=16.63 into the perimiter equation at the end though 😤 Also there was no question 10, for those of you worried due to trolls...

ReputationRep:
    I think it was hard paper. There was a question with a triangle and a sector inside and we had to find the perimeter of shaded region. Can anyone explain to me how to find it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeskeyLAD)
    Did you decide that before you've done some exams?

Oh well, maths isnt for everybody (not meant towards only you but also myself but i think i can barely manage)
    Yeah I decided to drop Spanish and maths and to continue Chem, bio, psych.
    I was hoping to do veterinary but I've messed up and won't get into any uni now
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jin99)
    I think it was hard paper. There was a question with a triangle and a sector inside and we had to find the shaded region. Can anyone explain to me how to find it.
    The area of a sector is \frac{1}{2}\theta r^2 The triangle was equilateral so each angle was \frac{ \pi}{3}, so \theta = \pi -\frac {\pi}{3} = \frac{2\pi}{3} as it lied on a straight line which is \frac{ \pi}
    Now we have \theta = \frac{2 \pi}{3} , r= x

So the area was (\frac{1}{2})(\frac{2\pi}{3})x^2 =\frac{ \pi}{3} x^2

ReputationRep:
    What? I don't understand what you said. Can you explain it in words please. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jin99)
    What? I don't understand what you said. Can you explain it in words please. :yes:
    I think you're getting confused, this question didn't actually involve a sector it just looked like one, instead, you needed to integrate below the curve and then take away the area of the triangle to be left with the area of R
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jin99)
    I was talking about the wrong question,^ Lewis has the idea.

ReputationRep:
    I really wanted a B in maths, although C1 was alright, my timing and ability to think for this c2 paper was awful. So I'm annoyed that I may not even make it to the second year. Seeing unofficial markschemes and all. I just feel like in general I have flopped all my exams and I know I wont get the grades I want. Ah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    I really wanted a B in maths, although C1 was alright, my timing and ability to think for this c2 paper was awful. So I'm annoyed that I may not even make it to the second year. Seeing unofficial markschemes and all. I just feel like in general I have flopped all my exams and I know I wont get the grades I want. Ah.
    What is the min grade in your school?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so annoyed I think I lost about 8-10 marks in that paper, the last question and parts b,c and d of the binomial expansion question screwed me over

If I lost 8-10 marks do you think that may scrape an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    What is the min grade in your school?
    A D, but I obviously don't want to get that but who knows.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an unofficial question paper? plz inbox me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    A D, but I obviously don't want to get that but who knows.
    Do not panic yet.
    Most students do better than they first thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Easy, but I probably lost 5 marks for stupidly doing 4-2=-2 .
    Same I found it easy, also lost marks stupidly, in the logs question, after letting

y = 2^{x}

and solving to find y , i forgot to plug the value back into the equation to solve for x

2 Marks lost or..?

ReputationRep:
    I did it last year and got a C and this year was definitely easier and am pretty sure I only dropped 4 marks max. Then again I might've found it easier because I've been doing C3 and C4 for a year which are defo harder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MicroTyson)
    Same I found it easy, also lost marks stupidly, in the logs question, after letting

y = 2^{x}

and solving to find y , i forgot to plug the value back into the equation to solve for x

2 Marks lost or..?
    Probably 2 Marks if you found the correct values for y.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone definitively remember for part ii of question 6 (the trigonometric question) whether the answers were specifically asked for in degrees?

ReputationRep:
    This exam was easy. In all honesty, if you couldn't do the two "show that questions" in question 9 then you really shouldn't be doing A-Level maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d14m)
    Can someone definitively remember for part ii of question 6 (the trigonometric question) whether the answers were specifically asked for in degrees?
    Considering the range was between 0 and 360 degrees...you would be foolish to use radians. Nonetheless, I do believe as long as you show your method, you do not lose all the marks in those types of questions if you used the wrong mode on your calculator.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.