Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Short girls can have a preference for tall guys... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I don't want to walk into that one. I will be destroyed on TSR.
    Who cares what people think of you on here.

Say it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Who cares what people think of you on here.

Say it
    Maybe another time.

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between having a preference and insulting those that don't meet it.
    What do you class as sleeping around? Anyway, I doubt women who haven't slept around would want to be with a guy who has

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFarmerLad)
    Shame that will never be a problem for you
    Lol, someone is still mad about failing to get into a G5 uni after having gone to private school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Your body (height excluded) tends to be something you have some modicum of control over, you can lose weight and such like. A lot of people will say they prefer some variant of a slim/healthy body type while they themselves have something most would consider somewhat rubbish. Stuff like that could be considered hypocritical. But in the end your preferences are something you have limited control over and people really shouldn't bother criticising.

This seems to imply that she's somehow obligated? A woman who's saved herself has every right to tell "manwhores" to sod off if that's what they wanna do.
    Nobody here is talking about other bodily characteristics, the title of the thread pertains to height and so did my last sentence. I have no problem with people having preferences about weight, but as I said, height is not something a person has control over. A short girl can't suddenly become 6 ft without the help of heels even if she wanted to be taller, so it isn't the same.

My point is really that everyone is entitled to having their own preferences but why hold others to a higher standard than you hold yourself? It just doesn't seem right to me imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Nobody here is talking about other bodily characteristics, the title of the thread pertains to height and so did my last sentence. I have no problem with people having preferences about weight, but as I said, height is not something a person has control over. A short girl can't suddenly become 6 ft without the help of heels even if she wanted to be taller, so it isn't the same.
    Aight I may have been a-misinterpretin' but equally preferences are something one has no/very limited control over also so egh

My point is really that everyone is entitled to having their own preferences but why hold others to a higher standard than you hold yourself? It just doesn't seem right to me imo
    Mmm but what can you do about it if it's a view you hold? Sexual preferences aren't really changeable, instead you're left with either "settling" for something you're not 100% into which would probably cause trouble down the line or holding people to this higher standard and chasing things you actually wanna go for.

The only thing I'd say about preferences is you shouldn't be an ******* to somebody just because you personally are unable to find them attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Aight I may have been a-misinterpretin' but equally preferences are something one has no/very limited control over also so egh

Mmm but what can you do about it if it's a view you hold? Sexual preferences aren't really changeable, instead you're left with either "settling" for something you're not 100% into which would probably cause trouble down the line or holding people to this higher standard and chasing things you actually wanna go for.

The only thing I'd say about preferences is you shouldn't be an ******* to somebody just because you personally are unable to find them attractive.
    I disagree with the fact that your preferences can't change, speaking from personal experience and from the experiences of others. I know that usually I prefer guys with dark features, (black hair, brown eyes etc) that is what I've been historically attracted to. However I've recently developed a crush on a guy that is the complete opposite of my ideal (short, pale skin, blue eyes, ginger/blondeish hair)

There's also something called fluid sexuality which seems to happen in women more than men so I disagree that your preferences can't or don't change over time

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with the fact that your preferences can't change, speaking from personal experience and from the experiences of others. I know that usually I prefer guys with dark features, (black hair, brown eyes etc) that is what I've been historically attracted to. However I've recently developed a crush on a guy that is the complete opposite of my ideal (short, pale skin, blue eyes, ginger/blondeish hair)

There's also something called fluid sexuality which seems to happen in women more than men so I disagree that your preferences can't or don't change over time
    I worded it wrong, how about this one: You cannot force a change yourself. You cannot change what you like at will.

ReputationRep:
    Either why it's hypocritical of you to be a 'man whore' but not like girls who sleep around and it's hypocritical for girls who are short to not like short guys but who cares? people have preferences and as long as they are not really offensive it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    I worded it wrong, how about this one: You cannot force a change yourself. You cannot change what you like at will.
    Okay, yes, I agree with that statement

ReputationRep:
    Its just because of the mentality behind it. People are attracted to physical characteristics sich as being tall, but having slept around doesnt show, so i dont see why you would be attracted specifically to girls who havent had !any sex partners unless a) you are against that kind of thing, hence you wont have done it yourself or b) you feel like a woman who has slept with lots of men doesnt belong to you enough... Hence problematic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieBarlow87)
    Its just because of the mentality behind it. People are attracted to physical characteristics sich as being tall, but having slept around doesnt show, so i dont see why you would be attracted specifically to girls who havent had !any sex partners unless a) you are against that kind of thing, hence you wont have done it yourself or b) you feel like a woman who has slept with lots of men doesnt belong to you enough... Hence problematic.
    You've provided no counter-argument here, just a load of rambling about you thinking it's problematic. I can play the same card back at girls for not liking short guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    ...but a man whore can't have a preference for girls who haven't slept around?!?!?!
    Yeah just like you're not allowed to have a preference against girls who are fat.

I find it so funny how so many women want to call men out on it as though men have a choice what characteristics are/aren't attractive

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay, yes, I agree with that statement
    Aye, so then by expansion if you've ended up with tastes considered hypocritical you can't go and change your ways right quick so complaining about people's standards is useless as they can't help it.

I finally made my point properly... it only took about 32 years....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    You've provided no counter-argument here, just a load of rambling about you thinking it's problematic. I can play the same card back at girls for not liking short guys.
    Counter argument? Play the same card? I'm not arguing with you mate, you asked why people think its different, i answered your question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Yeah just like you're not allowed to have a preference against girls who are fat.

I find it so funny how so many women want to call men out on it as though men have a choice what characteristics are/aren't attractive

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The hypocrisy really is astounding.

ReputationRep:
    Preferences are preferences let live as they say. But I think your examples are different though: Short girls can't become taller. Man whore chose, and in some cases, continues to to lead that type of lifestyle. Seems a little weird to hold your partner to same standards you yourself failed to do. But again, everyone has their prefences so who cares.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jibola240)
    Preferences are preferences let live as they say. But I think your examples are different though: Short girls can't become taller. Man whore chose, and in some cases, continues to to lead that type of lifestyle. Seems a little weird to hold your partner to same standards you yourself failed to do. But again, everyone has their prefences so who cares.
    It happens though.

Sometimes, you see a guy, who sleeps around and acts like an animal, want to marry a nice a proper girl. One guy even told me that he secretly wants to marry a virgin and this dude will shag anything that moves. There are also cases of women, who don't meet certain standards that they want in their partners.

ReputationRep:
    No one is saying you can't have a preference to a virgin or whatever even though you are a "man whore" yourself. It's just hypocritical. But as long as you don't shame them you are entitled to that preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieBarlow87)
    Or maybe, stop and think "this women sleeps around so much, why would i be any different from other guys"
    So we stop wasting our time with forming a relationship with them. Not everything is about control you know.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.