The Student Room Group

Arsey's solutions

Scroll to see replies

Agree with your point on futility.
I foresee discussions here will continue along the lines of other exam discussions where students post their own versions of the questions from memory.
Quite unhelpful and a retrograde step.
I've enjoyed your posts through the years and taking part in the ensuing discussions.
Thanks, and good luck.
Reply 21
Original post by Arsey
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

Good luck with your exams.

It has been a blast.

:wavey:

It is truly a great shame. I would like to thank you for your solutions over the years - where I could spot silly mistakes made in the exam or get a sense of relief.

I understand the predicament you are in and know that it is obviously beyond your control now. You'll still be remembered as a legend :moon:

Thank you:hat2:
Reply 22
I finished my A-levels last year but I still feel sad lol.

I got an A in maths, primarily because of you and ExamSolutions.

Thanks man. :smile:
Original post by Arsey
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

It has been a blast.

Those bastards. Thanks for all the help man, and I wish you the best.
Reply 24
Ludicrous.

Edexcel trying to censor the people of Great Britain. How dare they!

I don't understand the mock exam issue, at best the copyright thing but even then it seems like a poor argument from Pearson. Sound like children.
Arsey :frown:
Reply 26
Very annoying
Lol good luck Edexcel
F*CK you EDEXCEL!!
what doesn't someone start a petition to allow arseys to release solutions to edexcel maths papers lol
:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Ridiculous. As another user suggested, make another account and do them on blank paper without the questions? Please :frown:
is there anywhere else that we can gain access to the paper and marked answer? :frown: its so helpful to see these!!! ah I'm so annoyed!

Arsey can't you just post them anyways for 20 mins! haha
Reply 33
Students would be able to get access to the papers one way or the other, regardless of them being officially locked. If there's a will to cheat in mock examinations, then they'll find a way to do it. I personally don't see how this is helping anyone.

Regardless - thank you for everything, Arsey. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
This is very sad. Your solutions have helped many thousands of students and been of huge educational value.

As you say, preventing solutions to exam questions online is 'futile'. Speaking as an ex-teacher myself I would go as far as to say that the educational benefits of these far outweigh any inconvenience caused to teachers who want to set the paper as a mock exam.

In any case, students have numerous other ways in which they can share question and solutions which are not as open and accountable as TSR. There will only be more online sharing in the future - the genie can't be put back in the bottle.

As a matter of courtesy we would expect Pearson/Edexcel to contact us about this issue rather than expose individual users of TSR. Pearson/Edexcel has never asked us to remove any of these threads.

I hope that you rethink your decision and continue with your solutions. We want to encourage students to share their experiences of exams we believe this is really helpful for their learning. It’s a real shame if this opportunity is denied them.

Whatever you decide to do, on behalf of thousands of students - thanks.
Thanks Arsey for the work over the years and best of luck with everything in future. Credit as well for being understanding to Edexcel :tongue:
Have to say thank you so much for doing these out of your own time all through the years.

Wish you all the best and much respect for all of this. Can definitely say you made a huge difference to TSR during exam season
Great.... on the first exam I want the solutions for! :'(

Nevermind! Thanks for the help Arsey :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Ninjakam119
Y=Cos(edexcelare******s)

top maths kek
Original post by Arsey

It has been a blast.

eurgh, stupid edexcel. If anyone wants to cheat in a mock that is entirely down to them it doesn't affect the school in any way nor does it affect the real results of the paper when the kids do the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending