Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed_E)
    Actually I thought it was two hours after it had been heated so you had to subtract 22 from 100, to get 78
    FML, How many marks was it again??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed_E)
    Actually I thought it was two hours after it had been heated so you had to subtract 22 from 100, to get 78
    It was 78 to get the final temperature

ReputationRep:
    Not sure of the exact questions:

What type of Radiation was found by physicists in 1964?
    CMBR /(Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation)

Why was this so important to Physicists?
    Evidence for The Big Bang Theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bossboy9360)
    Temp change was 22 degrees, add that to the 100 degrees that the water already was and after 2 hours of heating you get 122 degrees
    i got 122 degrees i added the 22 to the 100.. is that incorrect? did anyone else get that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bossboy9360)
    FML, How many marks was it again??
    I believe it was 3 so if you got 122 you'll probably still get 2 marks 👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    Was one of the answers 0.065 degrees/per second or am I wrong? If this isn't right, just ignore me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelsey2343)
    i got 122 degrees i added the 22 to the 100.. is that incorrect? did anyone else get that
    its 78, after 2 hours of being left alone the water would decrease not increase in temperature. It would also be a gas at 122 degrees as the boiling point of water is 100 degrees. At least i think thats right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatriangle)
    its 78, after 2 hours of being left alone the water would decrease not increase in temperature. It would also be a gas at 122 degrees as the boiling point of water is 100 degrees. At least i think thats right...
    hating my self rn i didn't read it probably... hopefully ill still get a mark for the working out

ReputationRep:
    Who got 0.13? and 0.0048? Nobody. Okay. :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    Who got 0.13? and 0.0048? Nobody. Okay. :banghead:
    I got 0.048

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelsey2343)
    hating my self rn i didn't read it probably... hopefully ill still get a mark for the working out
    I think it was 3 marks so you'd definitely get 2. Dont worry loads of people i've spoken to did the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsoules)
    It was asking about the vacuum in the kettle. How it is useful or something
    Reduces energy transfer by conduction and convection

ReputationRep:
    What did people put about the reasons why france were gonna use nuclear?

I put it was the cheapest and they could sell for a profit but i dont think the latter is right...

ReputationRep:
    6 marker. Stupid as **** I was. Didn't read the question properly, put Wind Turbines and Oil power stations, compared them. Will I get any marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastabator123)
    6 marker. Stupid as **** I was. Didn't read the question properly, put Wind Turbines and Oil power stations, compared them. Will I get any marks?
    HEP NOT Oil

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evebennettx)
    What did people put about the reasons why france were gonna use nuclear?

I put it was the cheapest and they could sell for a profit but i dont think the latter is right...
    Idk but I put:
    They are difficult to decommission (takes a long time) so it is easier to keep using it.
    And also that they are making a large profit by selling the excess electricity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastabator123)
    If you quoted the advantages and disadvantages of wind turbines in your answer you could get up to 3 marks i think, maybe 2 because it might ask for a direct comparison in the markscheme

ReputationRep:
    Energy usefully transferred: 0.48
    Saucepan:

Fins... increase surface area (so rate if heat transfer is increased)

Black, metal surfaces... absorb radiation (better than shiny surfaces)

ReputationRep:
    Why did the glass mug conduct heat or something?? What line on the graph was it? What was the radiation the radiation a scientist found out? How do you describe transverse waves??

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4117733

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.