Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Khanna13)
Ahah, you too, man
username2648365
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys, I found the test easier than expected, what did you guys get right at the end? Did Pallus die or did he kill the leader of the enemy?
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hello5100)
Hey guys, I found the test easier than expected, what did you guys get right at the end? Did Pallus die or did he kill the leader of the enemy?
I put that the leader of the enemy easily overpowered Pallus and killed him?
username2648365
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 4475039)
I put that the leader of the enemy easily overpowered Pallus and killed him?
Yeah same. Some people were just a bit undecided. Sad really since Evander was crying as he left, poor old man
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah same. Some people were just a bit undecided. Sad really since Evander was crying as he left, poor old man
Phew, I was panicking there for a moment! Hope we're right! Yes I know, these translations always seem to have a really sad ending! What did you put for what the messenger told the Trojans?
username2648365
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 4475039)
Phew, I was panicking there for a moment! Hope we're right! Yes I know, these translations always seem to have a really sad ending! What did you put for what the messenger told the Trojans?
For the messenger I said something like the Trojan camps were in danger, there was a verb there I didnt understand- relictorum.

Also, what did you say for the last sentence of the translation- I knew the part where it was For he understood that he was sending his son in great danger but the next part was a bit confusing for me, something about him being an old man.
wildjones
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
For the messenger I said something like the Trojan camps were in danger, there was a verb there I didnt understand- relictorum.

Also, what did you say for the last sentence of the translation- I knew the part where it was For he understood that he was sending his son in great danger but the next part was a bit confusing for me, something about him being an old man.
Same here! I put after that something about "and that the old man himself now was (in danger)". I had no idea whatsoever
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Yeah I put that - I think they should have glossed relictorum!
Revathyvk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i really f***** that up!!!!! what are the grade boundaries for latin roughly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Revathyvk)
i really f***** that up!!!!! what are the grade boundaries for latin roughly
No idea sorry :/
Anon4012
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wildjones)
Yes! I swear that word came up like three times and I had no idea what it meant haha. Good luck with the results!
Relicio or whatever appeared in the exam comes from the stem relinquo, which is to leave behind. I too sat the exam and got a little muddled on that sentence
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anon4012)
Relicio or whatever appeared in the exam comes from the stem relinquo, which is to leave behind. I too sat the exam and got a little muddled on that sentence
Ahh!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (163)
22.3%
The paper was reasonable (348)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (136)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (84)
11.49%

Watched Threads