Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you had one use of a Time Machine, where would you go? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A round trip to before I went to my current university
    or before my dad finished in my mum

ReputationRep:
    I'd go back to the point in human history where people decided to assign 'grammatical gender' to words and tell them to just stop what they're doing.

I think it would save anyone trying to learn a foreign language a whole lot of bother x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alien Warrior)
    The one use includes returning back to the present time.
    I will go back in time to 1979 and assassinate Thatcher.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's a joke, although, i do have strong feelings against Thatcher

ReputationRep:
    2003 to stop my grandparents from going on holiday, which resulted in my grandfathers death :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go back and kill the parents of all evil dictators e.g. Hitler, Stalin etc.

ReputationRep:
    To the earliest presence of human beings on planet Earth. Is the first two were Adam and Eve, by jingo I've solved the mystery behind religion!

ReputationRep:
    I know this sounds really nerdy but probably Gallifrey

ReputationRep:
    In the past: Ancient Rome (if I had an auto-translator device built into my brain)
    In the future: 1000 years from now

ReputationRep:
    I'd go back to Westeros and subtly drop this into Hodor's goat stew

Name:  11243-5tg4m4.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  93.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    I'd kill my younger self to create a time paradox which could ruin the timeline.

If it was just memories, I'd redo school from year 7 and become a genius at something.

Another to see if Jesus was real, and if so, if I can seduce him and have sex with him just to tick it off my bucket list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    I'd kill my younger self to create a time paradox which could ruin the timeline.

If it was just memories, I'd redo school from year 7 and become a genius at something.

Another to see if Jesus was real, and if so, if I can seduce him and have sex with him just to tick it off my bucket list.
    Well that's a pretty rubbish bucket list.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to the moment I was released from my dad's scrotum as a sperm and make sure to not fertilize the egg because life is too stressful.

(Original post by Ambre)
    A few years back so I can relive that part of my life, assuming I get to keep the memories I have now (so I have the option to do things differently)
    If not then back to a moment in history where I have the chance to change the course of history for the better (well you would hope) eg assassinate hitler as he's leaving prison in 1924
    Or back to an interesting period of history that I'd rather live in
    Full of possibilities innit
    You have no idea what repercussions this would have, not only on history but on society.

If there had been no Hitler to start WW2, there would be no computers, no NHS, no EU, nothing like that.

For this reason, I wouldn't go back in time to change history. I would to observe, but even that would be difficult because of the knock-on effects of my mere presence.

I also wouldn't bother going forward to check lottery numbers or anything like that, because of the collapse of the wavefunction: looking would change the outcome. Whatever lottery numbers (or race results, or election outcomes, or stock values) I brought back would be different to the ones I'd see unfold after coming back and progressing through time to that moment naturally.

I would go to the year 937, to settle once and for all where the Battle of Brunanburgh was.

ReputationRep:
    Why's this thread in the history section? you can go forward in time in a time machine.

ReputationRep:
    5 hours ago so that I could do my maths paper again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    Well that's a pretty rubbish bucket list.
    Not really.

C'mon you can't say you're not the least bit interested (unless you're a man and have no interest in other men.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Not really.

C'mon you can't say you're not the least bit interested (unless you're a man and have no interest in other men.)
    You have a point. It's not as rubbish as my aunts who broke her arm for the first time the other day and said 'well I can tick THAT off my bucket list!'
    THAT is an even rubisher (is that even a word?) bucket list.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Alien Warrior)
    The one use includes returning back to the present time.
    Would definitely go back to Dublin on Easter Monday 1916, Derry on January 30th 1972, or to one of Lenin's, Connolly's or Mick Collins' speeches - there are recordings of Hitler with sound but none I've found of those three

ReputationRep:
    A few weeks in Praia da Luz from the end of April 2007 with a video camera

ReputationRep:
    I am very interested in the Napoleonic wars so I'd probably go back to that time to see what it was actually like.

Alternatively Ancient Egypt would be great to visit, as there's still a lot we're not sure of about that time. Not sure which period I would go to - possibly the Old Kingdom.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.