Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Latin Verse Set Text - the Aeneid (Tomorrow) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I did Latin GCSE last year and got an A* and also did this exact set text (Is this Nisus and Euryalus?)

I did ever so slightly worse in verse than prose, but one tip is to learn style like the simile or alliteration etc. as majority of questions are linked to that.

I did it the same as you by learning the whole English translation- and did by picking out key words in the latin so I knew which passage it was. If you can do that you're guaranteed a B at worst, since so much is whether you know the translation or not.

I would send you my notes except i'm sure I burnt them... so that's not an option.

From my memory, I doubt the first one about the gate duty will come up since that was our translation... Knowing the general story for 8 marker will help you, as that requires no latin.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I'm surprised I'm not panicking more.
    It must be due to the fact that I broke down over the Pliny the night before and then the exam ended up being really doable.
    I've just got my fingers crossed they'll keep swaying to the first half

ReputationRep:
    Well hopefully it will be as calm as the prose texts for greek and latin

ReputationRep:
    Any 10 marker predictions?

ReputationRep:
    How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metellaest)
    How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't like the paper very much, found it harder than the Pliny paper because the questions were difficult to understand, especially the one about the comparisons??

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    One of the easiest verses ive done! Everyone at my school found it straightforward too, especially the 10 marker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiefuller)
    I didn't like the paper very much, found it harder than the Pliny paper because the questions were difficult to understand, especially the one about the comparisons??

What about you?
    I thought it was kind of confusing as well!

I also messed up my vocab in the 10-marker - I got the word for thoughtless and the word for moon the wrong way around. Gahhhh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JickDee)
    One of the easiest verses ive done! Everyone at my school found it straightforward too, especially the 10 marker.
    Really? 10-marker was okay - the rest was pushed for time, I thought...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.