Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Transgender woman forces cruise ship to remove ladies and gents signs" Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is society now folks. This is what you wanted it to be. I'm just playing ignorant to most of it now because it seems to become more complicated with each passing day. That's the 21st Century. People complaining over bathroom door signs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    But being transexual isn't a disability.

This case makes no sense at all. I can't see how changing the signs will make any difference.
    i'm not expert, but i reckon it's a symptom of an illness (a mental one) and not an illness in and of itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xepz)
    Lol .... Only way to fix the problem with everyone happy is to just add trans toilers male/female ...
    But if they have their own bathroom, they'll complain they are being segreagated. This is something you cant win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Exactly that's what I thought... it would've made more sense if she was non-binary or agender but she does identify as a LADY so why can't she use the LADIES' toilets... hmmm

Yeah being made to use the disabled toilets was discrimination I agree (didn't read that part ) - but the signs thing? come on...
    Just because you identify as something else doesn't mean you're it. People just agree to that so no ones feelings get hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Just because you identify as something else doesn't mean you're it. People just agree to that so no ones feelings get hurt.
    the stupidity liberals go to never ceases to amuse me tbh....

i mean, i identify as an attack space probe - only find planets, their moons, rings, asteroids and cosmos sexy; but you don't see me arguing for my sign on the toilet, do you? ffs -_-

ReputationRep:
    That's an entirely different topic m8
    we're talking about a trans lady who was offended at signs on a toilet because she felt discriminated against even tho she's living her life as a lady and could've just used the ladies' toilets
    when it comes to gender you are what you identify as since the definition of gender is "the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)."

here's the important part: "rather than biological ones"

so yes she is a woman even if her biological body doesn't match her gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theDanIdentity)
    the stupidity liberals go to never ceases to amuse me tbh....

i mean, i identify as an attack space probe - only find planets, their moons, rings, asteroids and cosmos sexy; but you don't see me arguing for my sign on the toilet, do you? ffs -_-
    There's grown men who identify as dogs now apparently...literally a dog they wear dog collars and eat dog food.

ReputationRep:
    There's grown men who identify as dogs now apparently...literally a dog they wear dog collars and eat dog food.
    i know lool. i saw it on fb

and i have to say..

i have never laughed so ****ing hard in my lil old space probe life ahahahahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theDanIdentity)
    i know lool. i saw it on fb

and i have to say..

i have never laughed so ****ing hard in my lil old space probe life ahahahahahahahaha
    The grown baby thing was weird now this, a freakin dog? Soon it's going to be the norm.

ReputationRep:
    Just another example of an angry at the world liberal. This is what happens when you let PC gone mad continue in government and politics.

ReputationRep:
    This was her reasoning:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.