7. 22.5
    8a 4 ( I got 2 )
    b 1,2,3,4
    9a w^2
    b 12x^4y^5
    c 6a^2b^4
    10a 1.8 X 10^3
    b 5 X 10^3
    11. Enlarge 1/3 around (10,10) (I got -3)
    12a 35
    b 25
    c A+D & B+C = 180
    13a 12x^2+16x-3
    b X=0.75 or -1
    14. 1/6 cm
    15 x= 5/y-3
    16. X<7/9
    17 a -2.7 or 2.7
    b 9.6
    18 36-16 root 3
    19a y=1/X
    b (0,1)
    20. Substitute X as 2 and PI as 3 and both volumes are the same but PI is bigger 3.14 so the sphere volume would be bigger.

Not sure on 14, 16 and 17b but I think I got roughy 64
    I'm pretty sure 18 was 9 - 4 root3
    And 10a is 1.8 x 10^4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolamoon)
    And 10a is 1.8 x 10^4
    Was 14 the triangle q?? If so the answer is 8

ReputationRep:
    I think I've done well apart from I must have misread question 3 and it put 48 not 16.... was it the inner rectangle? cos i did the outer and i must have misread it every time i checked it! Reckon i got about 65-67/70 though so yay!

ReputationRep:
    And 10a is 1.8 x 10^4
    ^^^ yeah i agree with these

ReputationRep:
    I did quite well I think, apart from the fact that I misread the direction of enlargement and thought it was the smaller shape being enlarged bigger, silly me!

ReputationRep:
    I did quite well I think, apart from the fact that I misread the direction of enlargement and thought it was the smaller shape being enlarged bigger, silly me!
    You'll probably still get follow through marks though :P

(Original post by RubiksNinja)
    I'm not too sure. I've spoke to a few people who think it said find 35% and others who thought it said increase. I thought it was increase by 35% but I'm not sure
    Im 100% sure it was increase 190 by 35% :P

ReputationRep:
    And 10a is 1.8 x 10^4
    That's what I got but not sure

ReputationRep:
    Im 100% sure it was increase 190 by 35% :P[/QUOTE]

Brill I'm intrigued to find out what the grade bounderies will be like for this paper. Dispite it being rather difficult, i think a lot people would have done really well on it

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the paper overall??

ReputationRep:
    Im 100% sure it was increase 190 by 35% :P
    Brill I'm intrigued to find out what the grade bounderies will be like for this paper. Dispite it being rather difficult, i think a lot people would have done really well on it[/QUOTE]

Me too, i made a bunch of stupid mistakes but hopefully i can scrape myself a C grade so i dont have to redo it next year :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZacLaw)
    Brill I'm intrigued to find out what the grade bounderies will be like for this paper. Dispite it being rather difficult, i think a lot people would have done really well on it
    Me too, i made a bunch of stupid mistakes but hopefully i can scrape myself a C grade so i dont have to redo it next year :P[/QUOTE]

I made a few silly mistakes too but hoping to get an A* still. It is preferable as i am doing further maths next year. But i did think the test contained quite a few tricky questions

ReputationRep:
    for 17b I have 2.25
    I substituted square root of 5 into f(x) and then found the answer on the graph

ReputationRep:
    it is 4.5

ReputationRep:
    Im assuming this is for the Foundation paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MysticKnight)
    Im assuming this is for the Foundation paper?
    It's the Higher Paper MysticKnight

ReputationRep:
    hi has anybody seen one for foundation thanks

ReputationRep:
    For 17b I used y=10 as you halved it, got 5 then you square rooted it to get root5 so you went along the Y=10 line and the root of 5 was around 2.2

ReputationRep:
    Also what about the shaded rectangle question????

ReputationRep:
    Was 14 the triangle q?? If so the answer is 8
    Yeah, here's a written solution if you're interested http://imgur.com/a/Bw6gY

ReputationRep:
    I got something like that too. I think you're right. Can't remember if i put +9 or -9 but if you say -9 then that is probably what i put. Definitely remember putting those number though for that answer
    I'm pretty sure I got 4-9 root 3, I think that's the answer, how did you find it in general?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.