Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamHarry)
    i put 121 because i though that 120 would be when they were at the same place and 121 was when they overtook each other.
    This is why it was badly worded! Like anything >120 would be the point where they overtake, so idk why they didn't just ask for the point where they met. Bloody OCR

ReputationRep:
    On a scale of 1 - 10, how hard did you find the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgcse2016)
    same!! pretty sure thats right
    What are your predicted grades in maths? Like what you aiming for?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else put 0.1 for the probability of picking the apple greater 130kg or something like that? The histogram one

1/10

If not what did you put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willg66)
    Did anyone else put 0.1 for the probability of picking the apple greater 130kg or something like that? The histogram one

1/10

If not what did you put
    Yeah, it was 0.1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melad)
    Yeah, it was 0.1
    Can you remember any other answers you got even if you can't remember the question tell me so I can try and remember what I got cheers

ReputationRep:
    What was the apple question?

ReputationRep:
    Can you remember any other answers you got even if you can't remember the question tell me so I can try and remember what I got cheers
    The 1 where it was like 5^y x 5^4 = 1 I got y = -4 cause anything ^0 is 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melad)
    Yeah, it was 0.1
    Why was it that ? I can't even remember the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychosis mock)
    The 1 where it was like 5^y x 5^4 = 1 I got y = -4 cause anything ^0 is 1
    Yeah I got that
    And the next one was the value of P is 6?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got that
    And the next one was the value of P is 6?
    Yeah I got 6 too, but what's the apple question!!

ReputationRep:
    What was the apple question?
    The histogram and it said what is the probability that some dude picks an apple of a weight greater than 130 or something like that it simplified to 1/10

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get 1/40 for the apple probability? Can someone explain how they got 0.1? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 115
Size:  54.3 KBThis is the exponential graph we had to sketch 3^x

ReputationRep:
    The histogram and it said what is the probability that some dude picks an apple of a weight greater than 130 or something like that it simplified to 1/10
    Don't u do 6/60 x 5/59
    Which is 1/118

ReputationRep:
    Don't u do 6/60 x 5/59
    Which is 1/118
    Don't know where you've got the 5/59 from? Unless the question said he took two and didn't take it back which would be correct😩 I just got 6/60 simplified to 1/10

ReputationRep:
    Don't u do 6/60 x 5/59
    Which is 1/118
    Oops! I did 60 x 60 for the denominator, that's stupid. Oh well I think I did the 6 x 5 bit write. Lets hope for method marks! I think it was 3 marks right? Thanks for explaining though!

ReputationRep:
    Don't know where you've got the 5/59 from? Unless the question said he took two and didn't take it back which would be correct😩 I just got 6/60 simplified to 1/10
    It's cause there are 60 apples and 6 are the given weight so when he takes one both numbers decrease by one to form 5 and 59 because it's the probability of him picking 2 apples and he doesn't put them back

ReputationRep:
    It's cause there are 60 apples and 6 are the given weight so when he takes one both numbers decrease by one to form 5 and 59 because it's the probability of him picking 2 apples and he doesn't put them back
    Yeah that's right then 😩 That's my second stupid mistake I've made not reading the question 😭 How many marks was it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's right then 😩 That's my second stupid mistake I've made not reading the question 😭 How many marks was it
    3?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.