Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayokay)
    it was such a long paper I missed out the last question
    Same, I didnt even understand the last few questions about the baby and the heart defect, made up some biology there lol

ReputationRep:
    It was a saturated triglyceride (no double bonds). Therefore increased both HDL and LDL levels, however increased LDL levels by greater amount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poppygracexx)
    yes i found it really short for time!! didnt manage to look over my questions or complete them all. what did you get on the adenine question? i said 9000, dont know how we should have worked it out
    It was D which was the largest value something like 45690, there should be equal amounts of C and G so equal amounts of A and T.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kk1999)
    Exactly Granola!!1
    I found i completely different and was writing till the last minute..
    this years paper one for physics and bio were totally different.. lets see chemistry tomorrow..
    Glad I wasn't the only one!! That last question savage...

Was it me or did it seem like there was hundreds of 4 mark and 6 markers?? And so many lines for answer space I felt like I had to write an essay every time...

ReputationRep:
    my timing was terrible. so much of the spec didn't come up.

the rate question I had as 125 nmoldm^-3/min ?

ReputationRep:
    Same, I didnt even understand the last few questions about the baby and the heart defect, made up some biology there lol
    Hahah omg me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theragingninja)
    It was D which was the largest value something like 45690, there should be equal amounts of C and G so equal amounts of A and T.
    oh! i think i got aU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunhan)
    LOL i described both bc i didnt know which it was

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See I was going to do the same but then the question said how does 'this' lipoprotein affect blood cholesterol levels. Then again I couldn't think of four marks worth of stuff so you were probably right.

ReputationRep:
    same, i ran out of time so i had to skip a 4 mark question and a few of their questions were really confusing?!!
    or was it just me..

i didnt think the paper was horrible but it wasnt too great either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah definitely!! There were some really hard questions! I had to cut quite a few answers short because there literally wasnt enough time...

Now we just have to pray for low grade boundaries...

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else get 25% for Q1a?
    Yeah I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gran0la)
    How did everyone find the exam?

I thought it seemed quite different to the other past papers... and really short for time!
    Well it's the new spec, so there aren't really any past papers...
    I only just had enough time to finish the last question. I think it went better than my maths exams though

ReputationRep:
    I was given a pastpaper to solve and found a similar question..Describe the difference between the adult human heart and a new born's...
    I wrote its very small.. and it looks very soft lol!!
    My bio Ma'am gave me a piece of her mind and had a hearty laugh as well

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam?

I thought it seemed quite different to the other past papers... and really short for time!
    Exactly Granola!!1
    I found i completely different and was writing till the last minute..
    this years paper one for physics and bio were totally different.. lets see chemistry tomorrow..
    same, i ran out of time so i had to skip a 4 mark question and a few of their questions were really confusing?!!
    or was it just me..

i didnt think the paper was horrible but it wasnt too great either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by nikeey_xo)
    hey anyone know if there's a thread for the old syllabus ?
    (Original post by Marvin16)
    I thought this paper was too long, Everyone seemed to run out of time. Also what was the Pre-Natal test?
    Pre-Natal test was not there in the paper!!
    it was such a long paper I missed out the last question
    (Original post by strawberrypocky)
    I think it was chronic villus sampling
    (Original post by Science_help)
    yes it was, one marker followed up by a 3 marker related to it
    can u help me remember?
    (Original post by Joannarobinsonx)
    Can anyone remember what the questions were on??
    It was chorionic villus sampling
    i think the 3 marker that followed asked why the couple might choose not to do the test or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    did anyone else get 25% for Q1a?
    (Original post by 2807)
    For the triglyceride question, did you say it was HDL or LDL? I put LDLs and talked about how they increased blood cholesterol but I really wasn't sure
    State a pre-natal test that could be carried out 11 weeks into pregnancy and then it asked to explain why the mother might choose not to have the pre-natal test
    yes i found it really short for time!! didnt manage to look over my questions or complete them all. what did you get on the adenine question? i said 9000, dont know how we should have worked it out
    I talked about both cause they didn't really specify what type of lipoprotein was formed
    LOL i described both bc i didnt know which it was

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Science_help)
    it was on the first page, right after the 2 marker on genetic diagram.

depending on wether you are doing new spec??
    lets try to get this mark scheme done

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post65205791

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _wsburn)
    It was a saturated triglyceride (no double bonds). Therefore increased both HDL and LDL levels, however increased LDL levels by greater amount.
    Glad I wasn't the only one!! That last question savage...

Was it me or did it seem like there was hundreds of 4 mark and 6 markers?? And so many lines for answer space I felt like I had to write an essay every time...

Hahah omg me too
    oh! i think i got aU
    (Original post by 2807)
    See I was going to do the same but then the question said how does 'this' lipoprotein affect blood cholesterol levels. Then again I couldn't think of four marks worth of stuff so you were probably right.
    Yeah definitely!! There were some really hard questions! I had to cut quite a few answers short because there literally wasnt enough time...

Now we just have to pray for low grade boundaries...
    Yeah I did
    (Original post by horsewithnoname)
    Well it's the new spec, so there aren't really any past papers...
    I only just had enough time to finish the last question. I think it went better than my maths exams though
    I was given a pastpaper to solve and found a similar question..Describe the difference between the adult human heart and a new born's...
    I wrote its very small.. and it looks very soft lol!!
    My bio Ma'am gave me a piece of her mind and had a hearty laugh as well
    lets try to get this mark scheme sorted

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post65205791

ReputationRep:

I worked it out in seconds and got 2.083 nmoldm^-3/s

Pretty sure they both work out to be the same thing

ReputationRep:
    yes, it does

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to make of the exam. It was hard but my boyfriend and I and our friends have send it just depends on how picky the mark scheme is. Some of it I found difficult, but what did you put for the investigation of cell permeability of the red cabbage leaf? I put use the same cabbage but leave it in test tubes at the same temp for different periods of time. My friend put use different ages of cabbage, but surely the results wouldn't be as viable because different cabbages are being used. I did put other stuff down but for that one bit what did you guys put?

ReputationRep:
    For the last question I believe the aorta and pulmonary artery were on the wrong sides of the heart, this is why the hole saved the babys life, de oxygenated blood could move across into the left (their left) ventricle and be pumped to the lungs, and oxygenated could move into the right ventricle to be pumped into the aorta to be pumped around the body

Anybody else get this?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2807)
    For the triglyceride question, did you say it was HDL or LDL? I put LDLs and talked about how they increased blood cholesterol but I really wasn't sure
    I compared the difference between LDL and HDL and states that increasing level of LDL would increase cholesterol level if there isnt enough HDL to remove it. I don't know how to get 4 or 5 marks on this one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.