Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willsp8)
    Will they though? Have they lowered them before when people have particularly struggled?
    Last year as a result of the Hannah's sweets 3 mark question (which I could easily do) they lowered the grade boundary by 7 marks so I would assume so xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    It was easier than any other past paper I have done.
    really
    wow i found it bare tough tho
    u must be an A STAR student

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for the mixed fraction subtraction? i got 39/30 FS, THE EXAM OVERALL WAS CHALLENGING I MISREAD THE MIDPOINT ONE MISSED THE LAST QUESTION AND FLOPPED THE CIRCLE THEOREM BUT JGJGFKHJG

ReputationRep:
    same but we can revise specific topics which should come up

ReputationRep:
    I found it sooo hard I couldn't even answer the circle theorem one or the last one honestly why are they making my life so difficult

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. A wise teacher once told me that if the cleverest students in the year group are finding the exam hard, odds are it was a difficult paper and the grade boundaries are lowered. If it's anything like last year's boundaries, we only need 20-30 marks for a C. I don't think I've done that well either but we have Paper2 to save our backsides. The majority of this paper was hard, so paper2 is likely to be easier

ReputationRep:
    That was paper was very easy! Enjoyed it.

ReputationRep:
    If nationally everyone does poor, the grades will come down..can't see them being lower than last years though

ReputationRep:
    I found it pretty challenging as well but I understood more than I thought I would tbh, hope the calculator paper is good.

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundary won't be much less than around 80(ish) for an a* :/

ReputationRep:
    At the start of the paper I was whizzing through, like a question complete every few seconds... But then the goddamn circles and everything else after that appeared and I flopped... Completely,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)
    I was aiming for an A*... I might get an A* but you can never know. I am comfortable I got an A but in all honesty, I will cry if I get an A overall.

In general, the paper wasn't the easiest. A lot of the foundation questions I left out initially and I panicked. However, I found the higher questions easier ironically and when I came back to answer the foundation questions, they were easier to answer because I was more confident.

If I want an A*, then I need to secure it, I'll need 90+ marks in the calculator. You never, know, we could all get A*s!
    oh stfu.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was one of the easy papers too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laumax1401)
    i did my paper 1 edexcel i found it so hard i am gonna cry
    i think i only got like 40 marks
    even if i get 100 in the next one i would only get an A
    I NEED HELPPPP

found it ok
    if we all say it was hard edexcel can bring the grade boundaries if most people found it hard :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laumax1401)
    lol same i wasted bares of time doing histograms and stuff like that
    Could still come up on Calculator paper

ReputationRep:
    I found it hard, hoping the grade boundaries are low.

ReputationRep:
    The exam was difficult with 2 or 3 questions that were disgusting but overall I'm praying they lower the grade boundaries so I can get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeCosta)
    I'm aiming for an A, I probably got like 60 marks so I'm counting on the calc paper to be better
    Yh same, I got 58 marks and I'm aiming for an A. We need to recover and try and get 75-80 marks in the calculator paper to get an A

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    i have checked the unofficial mark scheme i believe i got 65-70 what grade do you reckon it will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeCosta)
    I'm aiming for an A, I probably got like 60 marks so I'm counting on the calc paper to be better
    Aim for a minimum of 72 marks in calculator paper and your A grade is secure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.