ReputationRep:
    I feel like people are getting confused between Biology A and Biology B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahbuckley19)
    This is the AS Biology level thread btw! I think you're looking for GCSE
    I'm talking about AS paper 1 biology new spec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2kk2)
    in the exam was there a question about what happens at translation or transcription??
    it asked how do transcription and translation synthesise a globular protein in muscle cells

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone have time to finish the biology b paper? I left so many questions in blank bc i didnt have time 😣

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gappydoo)
    Someone else has been doing the specimen papers then!
    Yep, they were so bad though, the specimen paper 1's were majority filled with topic 1.
    Yet in this one it was mainly Topic 2, I did SOOOO much work on viruses and not one question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahbuckley19)
    This is the AS Biology level thread btw! I think you're looking for GCSE
    Nope, that question was in the Edexcel AS Biology B paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indecisiveness)
    Did everyone have time to finish the biology b paper? I left so many questions in blank bc i didnt have time 😣
    I didn't finish left out 3 questions 😢

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elijahbez17)
    I didn't finish left out 3 questions 😢
    (Original post by indecisiveness)
    I'm gutted too- just simply ran out of time so couldn't answer the last question in detail and couldn't go back to questions I had missed out. Already lost a total of 10 marks AT LEAST. Introducing a new spec is hard enough but edexcel putting that much of time pressure on us is a joke...

ReputationRep:
    I am glad I am not the only one who found this exam very hard! Has anyone created an unofficial mark scheme or does anyone remember their answers? Seems like hardly anyone sat biologyB, most people seemed to do AQA

ReputationRep:
    This exam was a joke like 6 4 markers and 2 5 markers and a 6 marker i had no idea what they wanted out of me on half the questions PEOPLE WHO DID OLD SPEC BIOLOGY ARE SO LUCKY

ReputationRep:
    What was the water surface tension answer?

ReputationRep:
    i found it so easy lol, all questions except the water tension one came up in past edexcel papers

ReputationRep:
    Also what sort of criticisms did people get for the last 6 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1234pie)
    What was the water surface tension answer?
    It would take a force of 72 dynes to break a surface film of water 1 cm long. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1234pie)
    Also what sort of criticisms did people get for the last 6 marker?
    What do you mean it doesn't help?

ReputationRep:
    Im so confused i did the paper with the cabbage leaves and translation and the hole in the heart

ReputationRep:
    Come on min don't you get it? Maybe you should ask kiran...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stident12x)
    What do you mean it doesn't help?
    ??
    For the last question what did people get

ReputationRep:
    Guys, we are all confusing two papers! Both were sat today, at the same time, the question with the hole in septum was new spec biology, and the more maths related stuff was old spec biology.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.