Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viperimz)
    I personally found it quite easy (but of course made stupid silly errors) but most people it seems found it slightly harder compared to previous papers so i think similar grade boundaries to last yr so:
    A*- 158 (79 for each paper)
    A- 127 (63/64 for each paper)
    B- 96 (48 for each paper)
    C- 65 (32/33 for each paper)
    I personally think you'll need 60 marks for an A on both papers (more or less on each) because although some found it easy, as I have read, the questions (as per usual) were worded strangely in that you had to unpick them to make sense of them. As i expected and i'm sure others did the questions were trickier than other past papers. The lowest I have seen a grade A is 62 marks. This could most definitely be lower which my maths teacher and other maths teachers have agreed on. This is for anyone aiming for a grade A like me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkbluecat)
    I personally think you'll need 60 marks for an A on both papers (more or less on each) because although some found it easy, as I have read, the questions (as per usual) were worded strangely in that you had to unpick them to make sense of them. As i expected and i'm sure others did the questions were trickier than other past papers. The lowest I have seen a grade A is 62 marks. This could most definitely be lower which my maths teacher and other maths teachers have agreed on. This is for anyone aiming for a grade A like me
    Although the calculator paper will influence this I counted up my marks and I got 61 marking extremely harshly so for me if I get even a bit higher in the calculator paper that will secure me a grade A

ReputationRep:
    50-55 for B

65-70 for A

80-85 for A*

ReputationRep:
    The questions weren't hard at all but very weirdly worded, a lot of people stumbled on this test so around 60-68 for an A

ReputationRep:
    Yes your very right including me a lot of people in my school messed up on some questions even though the test was one of the easiest ive ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MARHQ)
    Yes your very right including me a lot of people in my school messed up on some questions even though the test was one of the easiest ive ever seen.
    I think the test had too many traps for people to mess up loool like i found some of the wording misleading

ReputationRep:
    yh w

ReputationRep:
    Yup i usually get over 90 in my mocks but the weird wording made me doubt myself so much! I estimately got between 72-76 marks

ReputationRep:
    i know a grade boundary for b will never be more than a 100 when the two papers are combined. so expect around early to mid 50s. pretty sure u secured a b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    Yup i usually get over 90 in my mocks but the weird wording made me doubt myself so much! I estimately got between 72-76 marks
    did u see the unofficial answer scheme. they gave it to my school

ReputationRep:
    More like that for a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MARHQ)
    50-55 for B

65-70 for A

80-85 for A*
    Thats never gonna be them, for an A* It would definitely be over 150

ReputationRep:
    A* - hopefully between 160-165

but I think between 165-170.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meechy darko)
    anyone know what it would be for a C on the foundation paper?
    Around 75 from each paper so 150 marks

ReputationRep:
    I NEED HELP!

I looked at the worked solutions for the non calc and calc altogether I got 85 marks! Is that a guranteed C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monsor)
    For any 1 who thinks that maths exam was hard. Join this petition.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/l...excel-paper-1h

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that's for 2015.

ReputationRep:
    ! got 62 non-calc, 67 calc. total is 129, whats my predicted grade? hopefully an A!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how much a B Grade is roughly overall? For 2016
    I got around 45 in one paper and around 50 in the other? So 95, what grade you do think that would be?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 50/60 marks in total of both papers I hope I can get a C. Does anybody know any colleges that resit maths?

ReputationRep:
    I got 135/136 altogether, would that be an A overall? 60 in 1 and 75 in 2

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.