Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Does the media report on the sun rising? France rioting over nothing isn't news, then not rioting would be. It's a wonder they're the economic pwoer they are given they're practically the Greece of Western Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Not a very good blackout.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36395905

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)

The protesters in France are normal working people angered that the government is trying to get rid of their employment protections
    Which are the reason France has such a high unemployment rate lol. Everyone knows that.

ReputationRep:
    OP the reason is because the French have rioted over everything. They're known for it so it isn't news when it happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    OP the reason is because the French have rioted over everything. They're known for it so it isn't news when it happens
    As long as my supply of Camembert Cheese is maintained they can riot to their hearts content.

ReputationRep:
    This was on The Times' front page this morning

Must have been a boring day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    Why is this ?

I thought it would be big news.
    1. There is no blackout, it's still on the front page of the BBC News homepage and has been covered by all major British news stations.

2. The riots started out as strikes. It's not exactly a staggering new development that there are strikes in France, it's a running joke that the stereotypical Frenchman is always on strike, as surely as he is holding a baguette and wearing a necklace made of onions.

3. The strikes are about a very complex piece of French employment legislation which is not relevant to the UK or any other European country. It's strictly an internal matter which will probably be resolved in a week or two after negotiations. As such its not really of interest to anyone who is not in France. I wouldn't expect French media to be widely covering our NHS strike beyond a couple of lines either.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so concern about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Paris is always having riots
    rioting is quite the tradition in France. like the Air Traffic Controllers' strike...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    "Le vending machine is broken. Viva la Revolution!" - France

Posted from TSR Mobile
    **** I was laughing out loud at this when working. Every one in office looking at me. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.