Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and going to mmu to study philosophy, was wondering if anyone else is worrying as much as I am for actually getting any accommodation because it was my insurance choice? Saying they won't be contacting me for another few days and I'm not sure if by then I'll either be left with everything awful, too expensive or even nothing at all haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and studying computer science, i am in the same situation and have no idea what is going to happen with accommodation. I have been trying to find private halls as i live less than 25 miles away, but all are sold out. I am hoping people cancel their places in the halls, as i'm on around 7 waiting lists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeahSamuels29)
    I'm 19 and going to mmu to study philosophy, was wondering if anyone else is worrying as much as I am for actually getting any accommodation because it was my insurance choice? Saying they won't be contacting me for another few days and I'm not sure if by then I'll either be left with everything awful, too expensive or even nothing at all haha
    I'm in exactly the same boat! I'm studying philosophy and MMU was my insurance. I spoke to the accommodation office earlier today and they told me that it was first come first serve and they can't guarantee university accommodation, but if there aren't any spaces left then I can still go private through Manchester student homes or something. Hoping it doesn't come to that though as I do really want to live in halls - Cambridge if possible!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im going to Man Met in september and i did a BTEC so got my results mid july. However when my offer changed to unconditional I phoned up the accommodation office to see what was happening and they just kept telling me to be patient i then went on holiday a couple of weeks ago to which I received the stage 2 email which i was obviously unable to access whilst in another country so when i got home i was told i was kicked out of the accommodation on campus and when i phoned up they just said that they were full and they barely had enough rooms left for the A level students so if i were you i'd phone up every private place possible because i had a right ball ache getting mine sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myleslgowen)
    Heyyy,

Im also starting in September, going to be doing Marketing. Im going to be moving from London.
    I'm moving from London too! I'll be doing English and American literature

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in September too I am from Manchester, so i anyone is just moving into the area has any questions please feel free to ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Been accepted through ucas! Studying Early Years and Childhood Studies, hoping to stay in Birley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AerysTargaryen)
    I'm in exactly the same boat! I'm studying philosophy and MMU was my insurance. I spoke to the accommodation office earlier today and they told me that it was first come first serve and they can't guarantee university accommodation, but if there aren't any spaces left then I can still go private through Manchester student homes or something. Hoping it doesn't come to that though as I do really want to live in halls - Cambridge if possible!
    Aw your the first person I've heard of doing philosophy 🙈 glad I've found someone! I've applied today and there was barely anything left but I've applied for the partner accommodation Victoria halls, just waiting on my room details atm

ReputationRep:
    I made MMU my firm choice and I exceeded what I needed to get in - totally unexpected!! But they sent my stage 2 email on Thursday, which I never received but the uni never got the email bounced back to them so... Not sure what happened. Long story short I missed my deadline to complete stage 2 and so missed out on accommodation and was told to apply for private halls. My dad rang the accommodation line and the guy that answered was an absolute star, he sorted it all out and I've completed stage 2 and applied for Daisy Bank Halls. I'm studying PR and Marketing but as of yet I haven't seen anyone else who is

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone staying in (CLV) My student village: Manchester??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimeeferreira)
    Is anyone staying in (CLV) My student village: Manchester??
    Yes, I'm in block M.

ReputationRep:
    whos arrived way too early like me? lol

looking to hang out w/ ppl!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.