Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara142)
    I got 21 bonds broken
    4 bonds between carbon (C-C)
    12 bond between hydrogen and oxygen (C-H)
    and 5X(O-O)

and 22 made

But I am not sure, did anyone get that?
    Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 21 bonds broken
    4 bonds between carbon (C-C)
    12 bond between hydrogen and oxygen (C-H)
    and 5X(O-O)

and 22 made

But I am not sure, did anyone get that?
    I had 8 o-o bonds because the equation c5H12 +8O2 --> 5CO2 + 6H2O????

But then i had more bonds broken im so confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tans)

Oh yes! you are right!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes! you are right!
    But i forgot to say the o-o bonds were broken so i wrote 16 broke and 22 formed (face palm).

ReputationRep:
    what did people write for why it was exothermic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by averagemarks)
    what did people write for why it was exothermic?
    Well i got 16 bonds broken and 22 formed ( which is wrong) so i said more bonds were formed and bond making is exo so overall energy is released. Do you think ill get error carried forward mark? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tans)
    For the Q after the one about oxygen in mass spec, was the answer deflection by magnetic field?
    I wrote the same answer and I think it is right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    I got -52 and 50 for volume

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I go -52 and 100 cm^3 because it asks for total volume. H2 is in excess so only half of it react with oxygen to form 50 cm^3 of water. So the total volume is 100 cm^3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tans)
    Well i got 16 bonds broken and 22 formed ( which is wrong) so i said more bonds were formed and bond making is exo so overall energy is released. Do you think ill get error carried forward mark? :/
    May be no because I think we suppose to write the energy releases to the surrounding as a result of bonds forming is greater than energy taking in to break bonds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tans)

Yeah bonds break are more than formed

ReputationRep:
    What did you put for the one about why oxygen is no longer used as a standard (the one marker about 1/16)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tans)
    What did you put for the one about why oxygen is no longer used as a standard (the one marker about 1/16)
    I put the mass of an atom of oxygen 16 is not exactly 16g

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tans)
    Because particles are now compared standerdly to 12g of carbon 12

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get fr the enthalpy change using Hess's law for the cracking of butane?

ReputationRep:
    Is this international a levels ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neilg99)
    what did you guys get fr the enthalpy change using Hess's law for the cracking of butane?
    Drew an enthslpy diagram and did deltaH1- deltaH2

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for is there's a difference in first electron affinity for O16 and O18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PK927)
    What did people write for is there's a difference in first electron affinity for O16 and O18
    I said no difference because electron affinity is energy needed to gain electrons in one mole of gasesous atoms and both 16O and 18O have the same electronic configuration. Is that right?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else find this paper really hard? it was harder than any of the past papers i've done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tans)
    I said no difference because electron affinity is energy needed to gain electrons in one mole of gasesous atoms and both 16O and 18O have the same electronic configuration. Is that right?
    I said no difference because both isotopes have the same number of proton (so same attraction forces from nucleus)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.