The Student Room Group

8ch01 edexcel chemistry 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Florent venhari
How did you do it, can u explain your steps if u remember please?

I can't really remember without the question sorry :frown: I know I worked out the moles of whatever it was titrated against to work out the moles of the acid and then worked out the concentration from that?
Reply 21
Original post by Peppercrunch
Seemed like everyone found it difficult. I'm in Yr 13, but I know someone who took up AS chemistry this year to try to boost her application for Oxford.

The new spec seems so much more difficult than the old one it seems.

Both are pretty much identical only thing better about old course is there are losts of past papers to practice.
unofficial mark scheme??
Reply 23
Original post by samoo311
unofficial mark scheme??

It seems as if nobody is doing edexcel chem, ive been waiting for the mark scheme for so long

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Florent venhari
The electrons in the ClF3 would be more attracted to the Fluorine atoms, so there's polarity. If you draw out ClF3, you have a seesaw type of shape with 2 lone pairs, therefore it isn't symmetrical and because fluorine is more electronegative than Chlorine, the electrons would be more attracted to the F atoms (withdrawn from Chlorine in the covalent bond, hence the definition of ELECTRONEGATIVITY)

I wrote most of what you wrote except it didn't need you to say anything about the polarity of the whole molecule. I remember the question said in bold explain the BOND polarities if any or something like that
Original post by zak_121
I wrote most of what you wrote except it didn't need you to say anything about the polarity of the whole molecule. I remember the question said in bold explain the BOND polarities if any or something like that

Yeah, don't worry, that is correct :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending