Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    And no method about how to make the product in the design question, but there were a load of big markers. I thought there would be like 1 8/10 marker but the others like 4-6 markers, alongside 1 and 2 markers but clearly AQA didn't know what to put.

ReputationRep:
    What was the question about micro nutrients? Can you remember any others??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieLees)
    What was the question about micro nutrients? Can you remember any others??
    It asked for two micronutrients in eggs & their function in the body (I said Vitamin A for healthy eyes & iodine for something most likely wrong)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is there going to be an unofficial mark scheme???/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEStudent386)
    It asked for two micronutrients in eggs & their function in the body (I said Vitamin A for healthy eyes & iodine for something most likely wrong)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tough question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chantell.Os)
    I wrote the same thing, i was hoping for an A* but I think I got an A
    but compared to previous year that exam was hell!!
    Do you remember the questions in the exact order?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HonGCSE)
    I think I could probably name the questions in order if you want me to for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, sorry my mind goes blank as soon as I leave the exam hall.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like you to

ReputationRep:
    Nah u can get a U in the exam and still get A* man #nandos

ReputationRep:
    It's Aight boo. U can get a U in the exam and still get an A* overall. #nandos

ReputationRep:
    Yes can someone please remind me with the questions again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Section A

Q) Give an example of an animal protein source. [1 mark]
    Q) Give an example of a vegetable protein source. [1 mark]
    Q) Why is protein needed as a part of a balanced diet?
    Q) Design question - design criteria included:

- Be high in protein suitable for vegetarians
    - Must be able to be frozen
    - Must include a flavoured sauce
    - Be from one or more cultures
    [12 marks]

Q) Describe quality control checks that would be used to hygienically prepare your chosen product. [4 marks]
    Q) Describe quality control checks that would be used to produce your chosen sauce to a high quality. [4 marks]
    Q) Explain how you would prepare and package your product ready for the freezer. [4 marks]
    Q) Explain how freezing your product would affect the quality of your chosen product. [4 marks]

Section B

Q) Suggest one aspect of the cake product, and give a reason why, it would not be suitable for a large family with children. [2 marks]
    Q) Suggest two aspects of the cake product that would make it suitable for consumers with busy lifestyles, giving a reason for your choice. [4 marks]
    Q) Why do manufacturers choose to carry out product analysis when designing new products? [3 marks]
    Q) Describe how to carry out product analysis. Give examples of questions you would ask in your answer. [8 marks]

Section C

Q) From the ingredients & method listed above, complete the design criteria for the fruit scone. [4 marks]
    Q) Explain how you could adapt the method & ingredients given to satisfy consumer preferences such as

- A light, well risen golden scone
    - A range of savoury scones
    [8 marks]

Q) How would you adapt the scone to make it suitable for health conscious consumers? [6 marks]

Section D

Q) Explain why bread from other countries is becoming increasingly popular in Britain. [6 marks]
    Q) Explain why the following are needed in the production of bread:

- Strong flour
    - Salt
    - Vitamin C tablets
    - Kneading
    [8 marks]

Q) Explain why, even when enough yeast is used, bread may not rise. [6 marks]

Section E

Q) From the processes listed below, match them with the description given and give an example of a dish that you know where this process occurs. [8 marks]
    Q) Give examples of two micronutrients found in eggs & state their function in the body. [4 marks]
    Q) Suggest causes for why the following issues may have occured at the café:

- Fishcakes fell apart when cooked
    - Egg custard tarts are burnt on top but not set in the middle
    - Chocolate muffin cake has a dry, closed texture
    [9 marks]

Section F

Q) Explain how computers are used when designing labels for food products. [4 marks]
    Q) Discuss the advantages & disasvantages of using computers in large scale food production. [6 marks]

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Section A

Q) Give an example of an animal protein source. [1 mark]
    Q) Give an example of a vegetable protein source. [1 mark]
    Q) Why is protein needed as a part of a balanced diet?
    Q) Design question - design criteria included:

- Be high in protein suitable for vegetarians
    - Must be able to be frozen
    - Must include a flavoured source
    - Be from one or more cultures
    [12 marks]

Q) Describe quality control checks that would be used to hygienically prepare your chosen product. [4 marks]
    Q) Describe quality control checks that would be used to produce your chosen sauce to a high quality. [4 marks]
    Q) Explain how you would prepare and package your product ready for the freezer. [4 marks]
    Q) Explain how freezing your product would affect the quality of your chosen product. [4 marks]

Section B

Q) Suggest one aspect of the cake product, and give a reason why, it would not be suitable for a large family with children. [2 marks]
    Q) Suggest two aspects of the cake product that would make it suitable for consumers with busy lifestyles, giving a reason for your choice. [4 marks]
    Q) Why do manufacturers choose to carry out product analysis when designing new products? [3 marks]
    Q) Describe how to carry out product analysis. Give examples of questions you would ask in your answer. [8 marks]

Section C

Q) From the ingredients & method listed above, complete the design criteria for the fruit scone. [4 marks]
    Q) Explain how you could adapt the method & ingredients given to satisfy consumer preferences such as

- A light, well risen golden scone
    - A range of savoury scones
    [8 marks]

Q) How would you adapt the scone to make it suitable for health conscious consumers? [6 marks]

Section D

Q) Explain why bread from other countries is becoming increasingly popular in Britain. [6 marks]
    Q) Explain why the following are needed in the production of bread:

- Strong flour
    - Salt
    - Vitamin C tablets
    - Kneading
    [8 marks]

Q) Explain why, even when enough yeast is used, bread may not rise. [6 marks]

Section E

Q) From the processes listed below, match them with the description given and give an example of a dish that you know where this process occurs. [8 marks]
    Q) Give examples of two micronutrients found in eggs & state their function in the body. [4 marks]
    Q) Suggest causes for why the following issues may have occured at the café:

- Fishcakes fell apart when cooked
    - Egg custard tarts are burnt on top but not set in the middle
    - Chocolate muffin cake has a dry, closed texture
    [9 marks]

Section F

Q) Explain how computers are used when designing labels for food products. [4 marks]
    Q) Discuss the advantages & disasvantages of using computers in large scale food production. [6 marks]

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woah! How do you do that?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieLees)
    Woah! How do you do that?!
    I don't even know, I just re-read the questions a lot so they kind of stuck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are a life saver thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are a life saver thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No bother!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about product disassmbly and analysing different components and I think I mentioned using a computer aswell to analyse nutritional values?

The exam was all over the place, with 6 markers everywhere & section A completely different... my hopes for an A* are over👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg totally agree 😥

ReputationRep:
    I wrote the exact same as you 😞 why was this exam so all over the place? AQA have been awful so far this year!!

ReputationRep:
    So for the product analysis I wrote about disassembly which sounds like it was right considering everyone else's answers but I also wrote a little bit about sensory testing at the end just in case and other things. Would I lose marks for that or wouldd it be ignored?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.