Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is ISIS winning the war in Syria? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    I dislike ISIS and do not and never have sympathised with them. However I do support Mr Corbyn and his preference for negotiations with ISIS.

Syria can be divided into 3 states. Kurdistan in the North.
    Alawite istan in the west
    And Sunnistan in the East.
    I'm sure ISIS are up for negotiations too!

Btw The bottom picture is probably civilian airlines or general aviation. I see lots of these vapour trails where I live in Devon and it doesn't mean there are airstrikes happening here
    1. You're delusional if you think this many civilian flights are going over Syria in such a short space of time
    2. The image is from the very map you linked in the first place. Lol!

Sad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    I'm sure ISIS are up for negotiations too!

1. You're delusional if you think this many civilian flights are going over Syria in such a short space of time

Sad!
    Negotiations can be made to ensure the Sunnis, Shia and Kurds are happy at the division of Syria. Once the Sunnis are happy then it will knock the wind out of the Daeshs sails and they'll have nothing to fight for. ISIS as a movement will just die like the Nazis did at end of WW2.

We don't need to negotiate with ISIS instead we take away their supporters with promise of a free Sunni Republic and the Daesh collpases.

Tbh there would never have been any ISIS if it wasn't for the Arab spring which got rid of strong leaders like Gadaffi, Mubarak, and tried to destroy Assad.

The Arab spring has created nothing but misery and war and I never supported the west supplying weapons to rebels in Syria that created ISIS and Al nursa. Neither did I support any intervention in Libya. That country was the richest most stable country in Africa under Muaamar Al Gaddafi, now Libya is a terrorist infested wreck of a state

Only Russia has the right idea in Syria, just a pity they didn't step in with. Libya and Gaddafi might still be alive and Libya still be the richest country in Africa.

ReputationRep:

Assad remains head of this federation where the 3 states enjoy almost full autonomy and their own leader, a bit like the autonomy enjoyed in Iraqi Kurdistan.
    There are a lot of areas in Syria where the population is of mixed ethnicity and religion. It's not like there's clear division and segregation with geographic area.

http://gulf2000.columbia.edu/images/...etailed_lg.png

Much of the east is clearly Sunni but good luck trying to sort out those highly mixed areas in the west and in the major cities.

ReputationRep:
    I hate ISIS and do not and never have sympathised with them. However I do support Mr Corbyn and his preference for negotiations with ISIS as an alternative to aerial bombardment of people.

Btw The bottom picture is probably civilian airlines or general aviation. I see lots of these vapour trails where I live in Devon and it doesn't mean there are airstrikes happening here.
    I can guarantee there will be zero civilian flights going over Western Iraq/Syria at the moment apart from in exceptional circumstances. After MH17 there's too much risk for the airlines. (check out that flight tracker app if you don't believe me)

Do you want to volunteer to start negotiations with ISIS?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    Sad!
    Whoosh! He'll be walking crooked for a week after what you did to him

ReputationRep:
    I hate ISIS and do not and never have sympathised with them. However I do support Mr Corbyn and his preference for negotiations with ISIS as an alternative to aerial bombardment of people.

Assad remains head of this federation where the 3 states enjoy almost full autonomy and their own leader, a bit like the autonomy enjoyed in Iraqi Kurdistan.

Btw The bottom picture is probably civilian airlines or general aviation. I see lots of these vapour trails where I live in Devon and it doesn't mean there are airstrikes happening here.
    Absolutely ridiculous to suggest that those contrails are civilian/general aviation. Look at the steepness of some of those banks - civilian airliners are able to but never actually fly that violently, because everybody on board would be petrified and vomiting and would never fly again. Also, you can have a look on flightradar24 - civilian planes do not fly over areas like syria after MH17. Not even military planes are supposed to have their transponders turned on in that hostile airspace...RAF planes, for example, will appear and disappear somewhere over the eastern Mediterranean en route to/from Cyprus.

Read a newspaper, a good one. You dont know what youre talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack98)
    Absolutely ridiculous to suggest that those contrails are civilian/general aviation. Look at the steepness of some of those banks - civilian airliners are able to but never actually fly that violently, because everybody on board would be petrified and vomiting and would never fly again. Also, you can have a look on flightradar24 - civilian planes do not fly over areas like syria after MH17. Not even military planes are supposed to have their transponders turned on in that hostile airspace...RAF planes, for example, will appear and disappear somewhere over the eastern Mediterranean en route to/from Cyprus.

Read a newspaper, a good one. You dont know what youre talking about.
    MH17 was a plane that went out of control in South East Asia and has mysteriously disappeared nothing to do with Syria or Bassar Al Assad.

As for the erratic contrails? Are you suggesting UFOs? As I said we see civilian airline vapour trails over our garden regularly.

ReputationRep:
    Negotiations can be made to ensure the Sunnis, Shia and Kurds are happy at the division of Syria. Once the Sunnis are happy then it will knock the wind out of the Daeshs sails and they'll have nothing to fight for. ISIS as a movement will just die like the Nazis did at end of WW2.

We don't need to negotiate with ISIS instead we take away their supporters with promise of a free Sunni Republic and the Daesh collpases.

Tbh there would never have been any ISIS if it wasn't for the Arab spring which got rid of strong leaders like Gadaffi, Mubarak, and tried to destroy Assad.

The Arab spring has created nothing but misery and war and I never supported the west supplying weapons to rebels in Syria that created ISIS and Al nursa. Neither did I support any intervention in Libya. That country was the richest most stable country in Africa under Muaamar Al Gaddafi, now Libya is a terrorist infested wreck of a state

Only Russia has the right idea in Syria, just a pity they didn't step in with. Libya and Gaddafi might still be alive and Libya still be the richest country in Africa.
    You've surprised me as I didn't think your posts could become any more delusional.

Do you really think that thousands of die-hard jihadists will just pack up and leave if we ask them nicely? IS and Al-Nusra were excluded from the ceasefire earlier this year precisely for the reason that they can't be negotiated with, the only solution is to wipe them out.

To answer your thread's titles, no they aren't winning, they're losing ground in Syria and Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    no! i'm winning the war, that's why Turkey (with moral support from the west) shot down a Russian jet - desperate times call for desperate measures

ReputationRep:
    MH17 was a plane that went out of control in South East Asia and has mysteriously disappeared nothing to do with Syria or Bassar Al Assad.

As for the erratic contrails? Are you suggesting UFOs? As I said we see civilian airline vapour trails over our garden regularly.
    Google MH17 - you are completely wrong. It had everything to do with Syria - a civil aircraft flying over a conflict zone that was shot down, a situation that couls occur over syria.

And no, im not suggesting UFOs. Im suggesting fighter jets that fly like a rollercoaster

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.