ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Q1: 2 mins
    Q2: 5 mins
    Q3: 15 mins
    Q4: 10 mins
    Q5: 15 mins
    Q6: 25 + SPAG check

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
    Thanks mate, good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaedKnight)
    Thanks mate, good luck
    No worries. Thanks.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahuleo)
    I understand everything, just can't remember the dates. Assuming I remember all the names correctly and talk correctly about figures e.g. Marshall Aid $13 billion, can I still get full marks without mentioning dates?
    You just need to make sure the event you state is within the correct time frame they give you, and any use of own knowledge of the event means you won't drop many marks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in sri lanka, or in the east doing the exam tomorrow!!!
    Message me please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caedknight)
    thanks mate, good luck
    i would use this

1) 5 mins
    2) 5
    3) 14
    4) 8
    5) 18
    6) 25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark 88)
    Anyone in sri lanka, or in the east doing the exam tomorrow!!!
    Message me please!
    I've responded to your PM hours ago and haven't had a reply ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark 88)
    i would use this

1) 5 mins
    2) 5
    3) 14
    4) 8
    5) 18
    6) 25
    yeah they do look better, cheers mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurp)
    Feeling quite nervous about the exam. I only got a C in my controlled assessment (25%) and was gutted. I was originally hoping to achieve an A* but i'm pretty sure that's not going to happen with the C, so i'm now aiming for an A.

I am struggling with the iron curtain and soviet expansion in Eastern Europe as well as the Truman doctrine, i understand the basics (a speech by Churchill about containment etc.), but was given a question by my teacher 'describe how Europe became divided by the iron curtain in the years 1945-1946' and was completely stumped. I had no idea, I cannot find anything that helps me to understand.
    Thank you =)

Same here tbh, my teacher told me my coursework was at an A* level, but she gave me a C So I'm now aiming for an A* in both papers to get an A overall. Anyways, good luck

ReputationRep:
    I just realised this thread is for edexcel, I'm doing AQA #whoops

ReputationRep:
    To be honest with timings, bearing in mind the first few questions are quite short, the recommended timings for those ones are normally a bit longer than you would actually spend! (you may even finish both question 1 and 2 in about 3/4 minutes - you'd be surprised!) The only one that I and lots of people in my class really struggle to keep concise and short is question 3, the usefulness of the two sources. So for that, I'd say don't spend more than 17-18 minutes max on because you really want most of your extra time going to the last question which carries the most marks, 16 marks! (including the 3 for SPAG)

But anyway, I'm sure we'll be fine! In terms of what may come up, there was actually not much of key topic 3 that came up in 2015, really only on one of the final questions that was on reagan and gorbachev. NO DÉTENTE CAME UP LAST YEAR! (so i wouldn't bet my life on it, but all I'm saying is maybe spend a little time making sure you know it well!)

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing this exam in the east? please message me.
    I predict that something to do with the soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia/ prague spring will come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igcse16)
    anyone doing this exam in the east? please message me.
    I predict that something to do with the soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia/ prague spring will come up.
    That came up last year.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone's doing theirs in the east can they message me too.

ReputationRep:
    no prob!

ReputationRep:
    how did you guys find it??
    i found it quite hard, the last question specially

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.