Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was totally unaware I had my phone in my pocket!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    Just say I have diarrhea in all my exams :wink2:

Nah on a serious note, in one of my mocks some invigilator accidentally took my phone home and I had to wait 3 days for her to come to work and get it back to me.
    Damn I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing my phone was away from me. In that case, I kind of get why you don't hand it in.
    What about locker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgreaves)
    Today, during my English Literature, I was completely oblivious to the fact that my mobile phone was in my pocket; it's so light, I thought it was my highlighter! (didn't even feel my phone when I took the highlighter out) - and I must've forgotten to put it in my bag!

I finished the exam well without any of the additional worries of being disqualified and walked out with none of the invigilators aware of this! So, have I managed to get away with this? Or is there a way they can check if students had electronics in their pockets!
    They will backtrace this and find out man, id go into hiding if i were you, lest you get a reputation as a hardened criminal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    Damn I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing my phone was away from me. In that case, I kind of get why you're don't hand it in.
    What about locker?
    I don't have a locker at school. My school is relaxed. All our exams feel like mocks. o.0

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you buy the the next ticket to Mexico now and go into immediate hiding. I suggest you start living in a cave as well. Just give up, you've failed and theres no hope for you now.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just kidding. But seriously, next time, just keep your phone at home or hand it in somewhere, or keep it in your locker. You shouldn't have your phone on you on person at all and if you are caught with it, you could have your paper disqualified along with all of yours. They take this very seriously. You're lucky you got away with it. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    I don't have a locker at school. My school is relaxed. All our exams feel like mocks. o.0
    :lolwut:
    Aight then. Blue tack away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgreaves)
    Today, during my English Literature, I was completely oblivious to the fact that my mobile phone was in my pocket; it's so light, I thought it was my highlighter! (didn't even feel my phone when I took the highlighter out) - and I must've forgotten to put it in my bag!

I finished the exam well without any of the additional worries of being disqualified and walked out with none of the invigilators aware of this! So, have I managed to get away with this? Or is there a way they can check if students had electronics in their pockets!
    I've reported you to the cyber police and the state police. You dun goofed.

ReputationRep:
    how could they possibly have known? seems like a dumb question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    you gotten away with it congrats!!!

next time double check. the invigilators here tell us to double check before it starts and everyone is just like patting their pockets, it's hilarious.
    Every time they say it at the beginning everyone pats their blazers even though they know that there isn't anything in them.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.