Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your favourite subject and why Watch

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Samii123)
    W

What is it that you like about maths?
    'easy' in that if you get the answer right, that's it, perfectly possible to get 100 in an exam. Whereas people really struggle and stress (and rightly so) with things like English lit, etc, sometimes fun/useful.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I find that the content is usually interesting but I'm just not a fan of the essay writing!
    i dont mind it, but the timing is too strict!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    'easy' in that if you get the answer right, that's it, perfectly possible to get 100 in an exam. Whereas people really struggle and stress (and rightly so) with things like English lit, etc, sometimes fun/useful.
    Well I can see why you also enjoy quizzing!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Well I can see why you also enjoy quizzing!
    :lol: I never thought about it that way before, but you're right

ReputationRep:
    Latin and do I even really need a reason.. it's just amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i dont mind it, but the timing is too strict!
    I can relate to that a lot! In most history exams I've taken I've had like two minutes to re read all my work at the end of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    Latin and do I even really need a reason.. it's just amazing.
    The college that I'm going to in September requires students to take an enrichment activity ok top of their A-levels. One of the activities are GCSE Latin so I am considering in taking that. The terminology I could learn could also help me in the sciences - particularly biology.

ReputationRep:
    English Literature because the texts we study are so beautiful :bubbles::lovedup:

ReputationRep:
    The college that I'm going to in September requires students to take an enrichment activity ok top of their A-levels. One of the activities are GCSE Latin so I am considering in taking that. The terminology I could learn could also help me in the sciences - particularly biology.
    Oh Ok, I just finished GCSE Latin last week.Thats really nice. Also for GCSE you would also have to do some prose and verse.

ReputationRep:
    Has to be economics for me. It's just so interesting and relevant. It also combines lots of different areas of subjects (business,sociology,maths, maybe saying psychology is stretching it a bit, but it does involve why people make certain decisions and choices). That overlap then also makes it easier to spot links between subjects which is great 😊

ReputationRep:
    Physics because it explains how pretty much everything works

ReputationRep:
    french & science

ReputationRep:
    How are your English exams going?
    Well the first one went so-so, but the second one went brilliantly, it's just fingers crossed for the third! How about you? :-)

my favourite subject is chemistry as it is intresting and you get to do experiment which really enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saladays)
    Well the first one went so-so, but the second one went brilliantly, it's just fingers crossed for the third! How about you? :-)
    I had my English lit exams last year. This year its just language IGCSE and I thought it went pretty well. I need 39 for an A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifyouseelaura)
    Physics because it explains how pretty much everything works
    I love physics for that very reason too!

ReputationRep:
    Business Studies because you can easily relate it to the world around you... and I can't wait to take Economics next year!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I love it so much I REALLY enjoyed doing my GCSE exam on Wednesday!

ReputationRep:
    Languages, in particular English/Russian I used to cry in primary school if we didn't have an English lesson :rofl: At university, my favourite subject was translation :gah: Theory part was not fun but the actual production of translation is best part
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Mathematics :love:

Not only is it really interesting but it also underpins the world we live in :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxymorons)
    Geography, especially the human part of it. Love to learn about the urban environments and tourism rn.
    Finally found someone who actually loves urban environments!!
    do you find it easy and if yes,how come?
    I really struggle on this topic as we have rushed through it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.