A2 Government and Politics AQA predictions 3a/4a?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Hey would anyone by any chance be able to tell me the 3A past paper questions before jan2013 haven't been able to access them and would be a great help, cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know why midterms was a question for elections even though it's not on the spec? thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoelAtkins)
    Hey would anyone by any chance be able to tell me the 3A past paper questions before jan2013 haven't been able to access them and would be a great help, cheers!
    there all on free exam papers.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katemate98)
    Party decline/renewal is a separate essay to the two-party system one isn't it...
    Not necessarily, the question may be specific to a sub-topic, or it can be vague like 'to what extent are US parties considered weak'. Evidence on the disadvatages of the 2 party system, as well as on the decline/renewal debate would be relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenaaliyah)
    Does anyone know why midterms was a question for elections even though it's not on the spec? thank you
    It is mentioned on the spec: "the main characteristics of presidential and congressional elections and the main influence on their outcome.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone struggling to remember dates and figures?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys .. my teacher feels that a question on federalism might be up for the Constitution section and something surrounding civil liberties/protecting citizen's rights for the Judiciary section. Does anybody else have any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    The power of pressure groups compared to parties hasn't come up as a 30 mark since Jan 2013 so that could maybe appear. Also the reasons why some are more successful than others hasn't been a question since 2012, so I'd definitely consider studying a fair bit on their power.

ReputationRep:
    For the Constitution topic, am I right in saying that you would go about a 10 marker on fundamental law as you would for a 10 marker on constitutional sovereignty? Just in explaining the concept/principle of it?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any revision notes for Voting Behavior please?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an essay plan on the question 'despite variations in voting behaviour the two main parties can rely on a core block of support' please!!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher predicted that the executive 30 marker could be on the power of the president, since it hasn't come up in a while!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sademajek)
    is it weird that I'm doing 3B AND 4A?
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    For 4A, im doing constitution and judiciary, do you guys have any markes examples where you got a reasonable high mark? (8/10, 25/30?) or any essay plans or useful websites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BirdIsWord)
    Let's make it live boys.
    Im doing 3b not 3a but im doing 4a.
    What US topics are you guys revising?
    Im doing supreme court+Constitution
    same what you doing for 3B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maphec)
    same what you doing for 3B?
    Liberalism and Conservatism. Wbu bro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BirdIsWord)
    Liberalism and Conservatism. Wbu bro?
    same! have you got any essay plans or anything else that's useful? finding it hard to revise atm :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maphec)
    same! have you got any essay plans or anything else that's useful? finding it hard to revise atm :/
    Nah sorry not yet. Message me by Monday ill have done them. Today im revising USA

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody help me write a 10 marker for originalism/original intent? I cant find anything for this ****. I have like 3 points..

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone feeling about the exams??

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.