Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are you supposed to do in your spare time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-99)
    What new things?
    Anything that seems interesting tbh. I've done quite a few martial arts, loads of different sports; picked up some skills such as painting/drawing; digital art; video editing; video gaming (mmos mostly).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-99)
    When I'm not at school or doing schoolwork or just eating dinner, I find that I'm lost. Now that I'm older, I can't remember what I used to enjoy doing. I've pondered this question a lot - I'm not joking - I have whiled away hours in my room just wondering, killing time, waiting for my life to have some meaning or significance. Please can you tell me what you do for fun?
    play with yourself
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Mod note - please keep it clean! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLegion)
    Video games!
    Often I find there isn't enough time in the day due to overplaying them...
    You could also learn an instrument you've always liked, like guitar or keyboard. If my powers out I always pull out my old guitar.
    Or do hard maths questions. Though this'll only appeal to certain people, it's good for your brain and can be good fun (if you like it, of course).
    I've vowed not to play videogames until after my exams, but then again, I only use them as an escape from a life I'm not happy in (I know I'm lucky compared to some people, but I can't help feeling my life could have so much more meaning - maybe I just have to wait until I'm grown up to make a difference). As for maths problems, do you know where I can find some?

Whatever makes you happy mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Anything that seems interesting tbh. I've done quite a few martial arts, loads of different sports; picked up some skills such as painting/drawing; digital art; video editing; video gaming (mmos mostly).
    Hmmm - interesting... Thanks for the ideas!

ReputationRep:
    When you're poor, your options are limited, as your spare time should be used for leisure. I don't know your school/college situation, but seeing as you have spare time anyway try and get a part-time job. Get a CV, apply for retail jobs, they're always looking for people and have the lowest standards (but get a lot of applicants) so you have a shot.

Meanwhile, you could try volunteering at a charity shop, especially if you're new to work. I mean a job isn't some foreign experience, but it gets you familiar. Since you're volunteering, you work whatever hours you want. An hour a week, 30 hours, whatever. It probably depends on the shop. A lot are really bad with multimedia (DVDs, games) so if you know about that you can make an impact.

Libraries provide you with free books and such.

If you're one of the lucky number of people that can get employment, you'll find your scope for what you can do drastically increases. At that point it's easier to answer your question, and £40 goes from being a huge amount of money to chump change. Your life changes when you get a wage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletXxXRose)
    well I read books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    When you're poor, your options are limited, as your spare time should be used for leisure. I don't know your school/college situation, but seeing as you have spare time anyway try and get a part-time job. Get a CV, apply for retail jobs, they're always looking for people and have the lowest standards (but get a lot of applicants) so you have a shot.

Meanwhile, you could try volunteering at a charity shop, especially if you're new to work. I mean a job isn't some foreign experience, but it gets you familiar. Since you're volunteering, you work whatever hours you want. An hour a week, 30 hours, whatever. It probably depends on the shop. A lot are really bad with multimedia (DVDs, games) so if you know about that you can make an impact.

Libraries provide you with free books and such.

If you're one of the lucky number of people that can get employment, you'll find your scope for what you can do drastically increases. At that point it's easier to answer your question, and £40 goes from being a huge amount of money to chump change. Your life changes when you get a wage.
    Thanks 😃 - I sure could do with a job. I've wondered about it, but I'm shy - not to mention I look like a child - I wouldn't be taken seriously. 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-99)
    Thanks 😃 - I sure could do with a job. I've wondered about it, but I'm shy - not to mention I look like a child - I wouldn't be taken seriously. 😔
    Nah, you're not entering business deals, you're stacking shelves and whatever. Your supervisor will probably barely be 18! Rest assured, you indeed won't be taken seriously, but then neither will anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Make art.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-99)
    When I'm not at school or doing schoolwork or just eating dinner, I find that I'm lost. Now that I'm older, I can't remember what I used to enjoy doing. I've pondered this question a lot - I'm not joking - I have whiled away hours in my room just wondering, killing time, waiting for my life to have some meaning or significance. Please can you tell me what you do for fun?
    just work on aspirations and wealth consciousness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-99)
    You and me both brother.

Try out the gyn

ReputationRep:
    Learn something new, even something like a language!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.