Turn on thread page Beta

Pakistani men can beat wives 'lightly', say Islamic council watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What's your point, that people can't distinguish the difference between a tap and a punch?
    No, my point is that the sort of person who beats their wife is probably not going to start doing it "lightly" because that is the advice of a council, just as they probably won't make a change if a council says you shouldn't beat your wife. Neither piece of advice seems particularly effective, but at least the latter is less ambiguous (and imo more moral..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Even if the rule was 'Don't beat your wife' the ones who want to beat will still beat regardless the religious ruling.

People who beat their wives harshly in which any pain is inflicted do it because they are mentally unstable.
    Well I basically agree with you. I'm not saying either piece of advice will do much good, just if you have to go with a rule, let the rule be the more direct one "don't beat your wife"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foji)
    It's not justifying you ****ing moron, i'm stating what it means. Especially in our society, domestic violence is practically the norm. This 'light hit' is literally a metaphor to show how unacceptable domestic violence is, its not some caveman slap on your wife, its the boundary and an emphasis that your wife shouldn't be hit.
    Where's the restriction for women? Women can be hit lighter than being hit with an handkerchief, but men have no restrictions. 800k cases on domestic violence against males happened in the u.k in 2015. Instead of being an ignorant idiot, go do your research, and rally against Islam not restraining women from hitting men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "It's setting boundaries for domestic violence" Why would you say that? As if this nonsensical rule is a good thing.
    I don't care if this stupid rule is saying there are restriction on how hard you should beat your wife. It is a disgusting thing to say. How can you not know that?

In the UK, there is no rule that says you should hit your wife. Stop lying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    "It's setting boundaries for domestic violence" Why would you say that? As if this nonsensical rule is a good thing.
    I don't care if this stupid rule is saying there are restriction on how hard you should beat your wife. It is a disgusting thing to say. How can you not know that?

In the UK, there is no rule that says you should hit your wife. Stop lying.
    So why was there 1.2 million cases of women being victims of domestic violence, only last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foji)
    So why was there 1.2 million cases of women being victims of domestic violence, only last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes but it's not a justified law! :facepalm: WTF are you trying to say?
    If those guys get reported they would be put into jail

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.